Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 06-29-2013, 09:33 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Smidge is on a distinguished road
Default help my assessor just e-mailed me this

I am just reaching the final units in your portfolio.

For CYPOP2 1.4 You have to explain policy/procedure that explains regulatory procedures that protect young babies, young children and practitioners when providing personal care and why these are necessary.

Can you write me a reflective account or provide a policy/procedure to explain this please.

I think you need to include Duty of Care, working closely with parents, keeping records and having a robust safeguarding policy that includes providing personal care.

please can someone help I just cant think

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-29-2013, 10:22 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

shes answered it for you! do every one in turn take it slow. go through the policies one by one starting with all the safeguarding ones like nappy changing.
Unread 06-30-2013, 08:57 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Smidge is on a distinguished road

I know she's said what to write about i just don't know how to start it off
Unread 06-30-2013, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, would something similar to this format help ..

'My setting has these policies and procedures in place to safeguard and protect children during the personal care routines that happen whilst when they are in my/our care. This complies with the EYFS 2012 regulations and with legislation to protect privacy, understand confidentiality, support individuals rights and to share information with parents and other professionals that safeguards their health and well-being.

Consider a list of your setting's policies eg. safeguarding policy, intimate care may be a separate policy, anything that relates to parent partnerships and the ways you communciate with parents - verbally, through meetings, daily diaries. Record keeping policy that states how sensitive and personal information is kept secure.

Read through them so that you can link practice to situations ..

Examples that might bring together your duty of care, policies and procedures that guide what you do in the setting and how you liase with parents and other professionals could be when ...

A child tells you they need the toilet / a child asks if they can use the toilet
You notice a child has soiled themself
Everyone comes in from playing outside to wash hands and eat ..
In addition to recognising when a nappy change might be needed, routine/times for nappy checks might be in place to ensure babies remain dry and clean. A sheet is completed for this so that information about the day is shared with parents.
A child with noticeable headlice breaks the skin on their scalp
A colleague brings a mobile phone into the setting to document a child's interest in running water.

The CYPOP 1 unit is contained in 3 of the available handbooks if you've access to one - Cache handbook on amazon.

There's a link to a sample reflective account sheet on this page - downloads.

Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers