Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 05-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

regretstudying is on a distinguished road
Help SOS M1 Level 5

The task is Explain the legislative framework for health, safety and risk management in the work setting

Analyse how policies and procedures and practices in own setting meet health, safety and risk management requirements

I am struggling with the essay, submitted it, but it has come back and I now feel like I am repeating myself. Can anyone give me some help please, these questions have been suggested by assessor.

How do you monitor change to Legislation and Statutory Requirements?

How do you help children understand about Health, Safety and Risks? How do you support risky play within your practice? Many Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-28-2013, 02:32 PM

jane71 is on a distinguished road

Hi, to your first question i would use accessing relevant training, this may be around safeguarding, SEN, equality and diversity and the revised EYFS - include the introduction of Prgress check at age 2, supervision meeetings etc. Do you have a local improvement officer? They should keep you updated with any legal changes. Reflecting on and updating policies and procedures within your setting.
By providing a stimulating and developmentally challenging environment poositive risk taking opportunities will arise, remember to take into account the children's age and stage of development. Encourage problem solving and turn taking skills through positive role modelling. Promote well-being and resilience. Hope this helps a little.
Unread 06-21-2013, 11:40 AM

regretstudying is on a distinguished road

Thanks, I am hoping I have finished this now. Fingers crossed!
Unread 02-08-2014, 05:51 PM

Mc123 is on a distinguished road
Default M1

Ive hit a brick wall and am struggling with outcome 4-

4.1 work with individuals to balance the management of risk with individual rights and the view of others.

4.2- Work with individuals and others to develop a balanced approach to risk management that takes into account the benifits for individuals of risk taking?

The questions dont make any sense to me plz help