Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 06-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Barb123 is on a distinguished road
Default Equality and Diversity

Hi,
I have a question sheet from my assessor asking "Describe the acts, legislation and policies for equality and diversity".
Do you think he is asking me about the policy we have in place within the setting or is there a policy, act etc. on equality and diversity that i have yet to come accross? My head is spinning with all this legislation

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi
there are many acts for this but i think the most recent is The Equality Act 2010.

Lynne
Unread 06-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Barb123 is on a distinguished road

Thank you
Unread 06-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi
sorry i didn't read the question properly i also have a policy and procedure that you can adapt to any setting would you like me to post it.
look at this thread and the policy and procedure is here.
Hope it helps you

http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/show...lity+diversity

Lynne

Last edited by lyn c : 06-14-2012 at 07:48 PM. Reason: found the policy
Unread 01-21-2015, 01:05 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Krystletips is on a distinguished road
Default help please

i am stuck on a couple of questions I just cant think how to word it, can anyone help please with:

1d - Interact with children and young people in a way that values diversity and respects cultural, religious and ethnic differences.

1e - Demonstrate and record ways of applying the principles of equality, diversity and anti-discriminatory practice in own work with children and young people.

any help would be greatly appreciated tia
Unread 01-21-2015, 05:31 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi welcome to the site, can you check with your assessor to see if these two criteria will be observed during your next workplace visit?
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-21-2015, 09:34 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Krystletips is on a distinguished road

I have completed my placement now however I have a few outstanding things to complete prior to admission. I had to complete my placement due to needing major surgery. I just can't think how to word this. Thanks
Unread 01-22-2015, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, yes being an 'in action' criteria it can be a little difficult to put into words. Consider the diversity that exists in your past placement eg. children's ages, stages of development, what their cultural backgrounds are, their ethnicity, any faith, belief or values that they hold close.

How inclusive is/was your practice - all children being welcomed and able to participate if wanted.

How you challenged discrimination and stood up for children's rights by exploring and explaining from different perspectives making sure each child feels valued, safe, secure and equal to their peers.

What festival and event activities were you able to contribute towards - organinsing, finding resources for, researching meaning, talking with parents, leading, being part of the activity so that aspects of children's home life and worldwide occasions were celebrated in the setting.

Do you have a copy of the setting's policy for equal opportunity and anti-discrimination? Good practice reading on this page of Barnet.gov.uk

I hope this helps a little, there are a few threads that might also be useful

http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16342

http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16915
the cost of ad blockers