Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 07-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road
Default Eymp 1 Unit 2

Hi Everyone

I am looking at EYMP 1 these questions. We are having a pirate and princess week for the children to have fun for their last week with us so i am looking at this section, so think i have the first question in hand. I have done a tick chart to monitor 5 children and don't know whether i should add any more information, i will place my tick chart at the bottom could somebody look at it and see if i need to add more please.

2.1. Prepare an area/s within the work setting, explaining how the area supports and extends children’s learning and development.

2.2. Monitor how children use the prepared area/s and evaluate how effective it has been in:
• extending children’s learning and development.
• encouraging high expectations of their achievement.

Tick chart

This is done on landscape with columns at the top with child A - child E

Columns going down i have put these questions and left a blank box at the end to write in if i need to record anything

What activity?
The First Five Minutes.

Has the child move from the activity within Five minutes? Y/N
How engaged is the child?
1 = low 5 = high.

What has engaged the child?

Why has the child moved? Play/activity not challenging or has friend moved.

Is the child interacting?
C= Children
A= Adult

The next five minutes scan to see if any children are in the same place Y/N

Any help would be good thankyou

I understand that i have to evaluate this but will use a seperate sheet for this.
Lynne

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-17-2011, 02:43 PM

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

hi lynne
could you not add if they used gross motor skills, fine motor skills and perhaps pincer grip, as well as different emotions just an idea x
Unread 07-17-2011, 02:57 PM

Hi Wendy,
That is a very good idea especially as our children are really in to pirates and we have a lot of creative activities for them to explore.

How long do you think i shoul observe them for?
Do you think 5 - 10 mins is enough?

Thankyou for your help i really appreciatte it

Lynne
Unread 07-17-2011, 03:20 PM

hi again
I did mine for about 10-15 mins and i was being observed by my assesser which was kind of strange. How many observations you got to do ? i had to do 4 covering different areas of development and then evaluate them all and plan another 4 activities stating which ELG it was covering. x
Unread 07-17-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy bob View Post
hi again
I did mine for about 10-15 mins and i was being observed by my assesser which was kind of strange. How many observations you got to do ? i had to do 4 covering different areas of development and then evaluate them all and plan another 4 activities stating which ELG it was covering. x
Hi Wendy not sure hoa many obs i have to do this is my first but tutor isn't observing me i might ask my manager to watch just incase because she can do a written testimony on what i do.

My tutor is very good but not a lot of input, i have had 3 or 4 obs on him seeing what i do with the children e.g. a group circle time etc but havent really done much more. I had about three p dicussions.

I felt at first it was very slow and he was jumping units by doing bits and bobs from all different units after about 4 months i felt i wasn't getting on and i felt that i was falling behind so i spoke to him and he asked me what i wanted and i told him that i felt i had to concentrate on one unit at a time because otherwise i find a really good website about a certain thing e.g. communication and then when i got back to that unit i had forgotten about the website.

I know choose which units i want to do and just get on with it, i then hand it in for him to mark. I have just moved from unit to unit and now i have the EYMP'S to complete and my optional units but if i am correct you can cross reference quite a lot with EYMPS so hopefully will finish in the next couple of months has i am off for the entire summer. Probably a few more obs to be done in september by tutor with work he needs to observe.

I have choosen three optional units they are cypop 6, cypop 15 and cypop 20, think i have one or two credits more to choose so will look at the easiest route.

So i have just started EYMP 1 and trying to get it finished by wednesday to give to tutor when he visits to see pirate and princess week.

I have completed unit 1, working hard on unit two to see if i can combine it alltogether,have finished unit3.1 and 3.2 and need to start unit 3.3 and 3.4 so hopefully will sort it by wednesday.

Have you finished now, i know you were very close?

Lynne
Unread 07-17-2011, 04:09 PM

hi, i have sent my final pieces of work back just waiting to see if they meet all the criteria hoping to find out tomorrow so this has been my 1st weekend off since january and ive been really bored, i did cypop 6 and 15 but i found 15 really difficult whats cypop 20 ?, a nice optional is cypop 4 physical and movement quite easy as well x
Unread 07-17-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
hi, i have sent my final pieces of work back just waiting to see if they meet all the criteria hoping to find out tomorrow so this has been my 1st weekend off since january and ive been really bored, i did cypop 6 and 15 but i found 15 really difficult whats cypop 20 ?, a nice optional is cypop 4 physical and movement quite easy as well x
Hi

Sorri i don't know where cypop 20 came from because can't do that one with EYMP 5.
I am doing cypop 6, 16 and 15.

Yeah 15 is the communication one but gonna give it a go, hopefully i just attended a Lets get talking parts 1 and 2 so notes will be usefull and i have just attended The role of the INCO part 1 &2 so that will come in handy hoping to get some off the units signed of for attending course.

I can tell your bored because your answering me. You enjy your time you have obviously worked hard to complete, wish i was at that stage lol.

Do you know if your tutor has marked your work cab the iv person still send it back for more work to be added?

don't forget to keep tuning in i might need your help especailly with cypop 15 if it's really difficult.

Congratulations on finishing

Lynne
Unread 07-17-2011, 04:37 PM

hi again assessor told me all should be completed before end of next week and iv`d so not saying ive finished just yet will wait and then post on here when i have for definate lol and will keep popping on here to help where i can and if you need any help give me a shout and yes the iv can send it back for work to be added x
Unread 07-17-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
hi again assessor told me all should be completed before end of next week and iv`d so not saying ive finished just yet will wait and then post on here when i have for definate lol and will keep popping on here to help where i can and if you need any help give me a shout and yes the iv can send it back for work to be added x
Hi Wendy

Yeah thought they could send it back for more work to be added, but sort of unsure why because surely tutor has signed work as complete but i suppose tutors have odd days like we do.

It would terrify me if i had work sent back to complete from an iv, so hope it doesn't happen. but the only good thing is that you can add more rather than fail.
Saying that i suppose i'm correct in saying that.

Oh well good luck for next week, will congratulate you then.

Lynne
Unread 07-17-2011, 07:18 PM

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn c View Post
Hi Wendy

Yeah thought they could send it back for more work to be added, but sort of unsure why because surely tutor has signed work as complete but i suppose tutors have odd days like we do.

It would terrify me if i had work sent back to complete from an iv, so hope it doesn't happen. but the only good thing is that you can add more rather than fail.
Saying that i suppose i'm correct in saying that.

Oh well good luck for next week, will congratulate you then.

Lynne
good luck i am in the same boat feeling so nervous right now help i can't number my pages yet as tutor has the last set of homework from the pervious visit so hope i can get this done before iv and ev