Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 07-16-2011, 10:17 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

doris is on a distinguished road
Default cypop 14

Hi All
Has anyone done this unit?
Can anyone get me started on this Identify the different relationships children and young people may have.
Highlighted is Parental, Carer, sibling, family, friendship, emotional/sexual, acquaintance and professional. once i get going i know i'll be fine but getting started seems to be the problem.
Many thanks
Doris

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-17-2011, 03:59 PM

Mags is on a distinguished road

Hi Doris,

Had mine signed off a few weeks ago. I did a spidergram thing but we were told you could just do a bullet pointed list. You don't need to expand any - literally just write the different relationships that are highlighted as the task is to identify (list/create diagram). I didn't add any other types of relationship either and the unit was signed off fine.
Unread 07-17-2011, 05:39 PM

doris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags View Post
Hi Doris,

Had mine signed off a few weeks ago. I did a spidergram thing but we were told you could just do a bullet pointed list. You don't need to expand any - literally just write the different relationships that are highlighted as the task is to identify (list/create diagram). I didn't add any other types of relationship either and the unit was signed off fine.
Thanks Mags, i have just done the first 3 questions , i just wrote a little paragraph on each relationship. Now moving on to the learning outcome 3 If you have any more advice i would appreciate it. Need all the help i can get.
lol
Doris
Unread 05-10-2015, 09:40 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

cherrycclark is on a distinguished road

Can someone help me with this question please cypop 14 1.1

Thanks
Unread 05-11-2015, 01:29 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi welcome to the site. For 1.1 it asks you to identify the relationships, which are then identified in the unit as ..

Different relationships may include:
• parental
• carer
• sibling
• family
• friendship
• emotional/sexual
• acquaintance
• professional
from OCR.org.uk

Once identified you can then go on to use them in explaining the diversity of relationships that are involved in 1.2

http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13075

For 1.3 consider the reasons why children might be in the position of having limited or restricted access to these relationships and the consequences that could arise:

Quote from the PPT document on chicester.ac.uk

Why might contact be restricted/supervised?

Suspicion of Abuse
Lack of previous contact with the child
Lack of parenting skills due to learning disability
Safety of the child
Breakdown of relationship between parent and child which needs to be slowly rebuilt
An Assessment of parenting skills is required
Contact needs to be in a secure environment due to a violent partner at home

Explain the possible effects of children having restricted or supervised contact in order to maintain relationships.
Issues with self-identity
Safety
Can have positive affects in relation to future relationships
Transport issues, also stressful for child
Need to build a relationship/trust with the mediator supervisor
Often unable to leave the contact area
Enhance parenting skills- positive result for the child
Child may genuinely not want contact to take place
Children like and thrive on consistency- emotional effects.

http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15335

Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers