Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 01-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

dancingfirefly is on a distinguished road
Default 410

Anyone know of any creative audits i could use? Been looking for one but cant find any. be very handy to do at pre-school too

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, sounds like an empowering undertaking! I don't know of any specifically sorry.

If you can identify what you'd like it to focus on maybe that would help individualise a format..

Questions could be along the lines of ..

Do we provide enough opportunities for children to explore creatively.
Do we support/promote children's creativity.
Where and when is creativity a concern.
What does creativity in care, learning and development mean for a/our setting.
What areas of creativity do we focus on - how do we maintain a balance.
Is there a difference in how gender/age/disability accesses creativity in the setting.

Would an audit focus on a specific area help..
Creative learning
Creative development
Creative expression
Creative ideas
Creative actions
Creative outcomes
Creative provision - inside, outside, loose parts, attitudes & policy.
Creative partnerships
Creative culture
Creative business
Cultivating creativity
Critical thinking and creativity
Creativity, listening and the role of hearing / participation, the role of the senses and creativity.
Training & existing knowledge of creativity
- Available knowledge
- Extending knowledge

Focussing more on percieved areas of creativity could be:
The Arts and mark making, messy play, sculpting, needle craft, wood craft, joinery/connection/construction and building, metal craft, gardening, obervational craft - wildlife/nature, recording, beading and weaving, food craft, online/internet activites, storytelling, music, performance, hair, whole body, faces, care, language and communication, addition, subtraction, division, multiplication - lumps of dirt for numeracy games

Or how a setting enables creativity through:
Discovery
Inspiration
Invention
Innovation
Exploration
Its adults
Its children
Disability
Syndrome
Disorder
Disease
Illness
Inclusion
Open ended
Closed

As ongoing, personally I'd look to keep things compact, workable on the front line!
How does everyone feel about creativity.
What is everyone's definition of creativity.
What creativity do they see around them.
What creativity would they like to see around them.
What attributes does creativity have to better provision.

To safeguard & risk assess:
How do policies and procedures support creativity
How do policies and procedures promote creativity
How is the setting's environment set up to support, involve and challenge creativity.
What resources are collected
What resources are purchased
How frequently do purchases/collections happen
How frequently are specific resources obtained.
How are resources accessed:
-- For planning needs
-- For individual / group initiated activity

This document is good
From ofsted: Learning creative approaches that raise standards although maybe would change the emphasis of the less grounded 'speculation to a more workable 'prediction.

I enjoy looking at creativity/curiosity as built in. It removes any need to actively motivate participation leaving only the need to provide Individuality challenges this in such a way that it acts as a means to adapt any provision looking to achieve complete inclusion.

These are interesting reads:

How we discourage creativity form University of Wisconsin's Dr. Leslie Owen Wilson.

Creative thinking and listening from Nick Heap

You could also build something that compliments the current record/observation/SEF systems your setting has in place or use the 410 unit content to formulate an audit document

Hth, let us know if you find anything xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-30-2011, 10:21 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

dancingfirefly is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much. I started to write a list to do my own audit yesterday, before checking this this morning. You have given me some more options to consider, thank you!
Ive tried looking too. lots for other areas but not creative. Im just going to focus on art area as i have already done a role play audit which my assessor has observed, cant use it for evidence now.