Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 11-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

debbiek is on a distinguished road
Help SOS im struggling !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hiya all,

im doing my nvq 2 and at the moment im really struggling im a mum to four my husband has just got back from afghan and this course work seems to be getting more and more i saw my assessor on thursday and she has given me a pile of work to do and i just dont know where to start at the moment im doing 206 and starting 210,i had my placement at school today and the standin teacher and ta made me feel like they didnt want me there at this moment in time i could throw it all in ,

sorry to moan but any help would be great thankyou
debbie

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiek View Post
hiya all,

im doing my nvq 2 and at the moment im really struggling im a mum to four my husband has just got back from afghan and this course work seems to be getting more and more i saw my assessor on thursday and she has given me a pile of work to do and i just dont know where to start at the moment im doing 206 and starting 210,i had my placement at school today and the standin teacher and ta made me feel like they didnt want me there at this moment in time i could throw it all in ,

sorry to moan but any help would be great thankyou

debbie

Hi Debbie,

It will help if you write the knowledge in full as well as the units etc, it'll increase your chances of getting answers, as a lot of us are not doing NVQ's and don't know the 'lingo' - but willing to help if and when we can.

Don't give up - everyone has a bad day - it makes the good ones seem even better!.....and enjoy your husband now he's back from Afghanistan.

Heidi
Unread 11-02-2010, 08:23 PM

mother theresa is on a distinguished road

ive just finishes unit 210 found it quite hard as not much info on it on this site but a few people helped me here so hopefully i can help you on that 1. I cant guarantee that what i have written is correct but it might help i will keep a look out for any questions you ask
Unread 11-03-2010, 01:02 PM

thankyou for your reply
Unread 11-03-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
thankyou for your reply
Debbie,

You've forgotten to write of what you are asking for - what is the question?
Unread 11-03-2010, 08:23 PM

hi heidi,

thanks for replying my questions are
how would you display childrens work to best effect k2d98
what is the importance of play in childrens devellopment k2d89

and also how would you make the rhymes five current buns and five green bottles visual and exciting for the children and how would this promote communication intellectual development and learning
Unread 11-03-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
hi heidi,

thanks for replying my questions are
how would you display childrens work to best effect k2d98
what is the importance of play in childrens devellopment k2d89

and also how would you make the rhymes five current buns and five green bottles visual and exciting for the children and how would this promote communication intellectual development and learning

I see Tutu has answered part of your question.
How would you make any song/story visiual - by providing props.
these days you can buy puppets, use felt boards and stick on props, you can use costumes if you are doing something like Old MacDonald.

You don't have to buy anything though - the children can make their own currant buns, bottles - something as simple as them holding up the pictures they have drawn, coloured or cut.

Make sure that are a reasonable size for all to see. If not have a poster that you have made to accompany your songs, so children can hold up their own bun (whatever size and shape) but your poster could have buns and numbers.

How do you think this would help their learning?
- well they are using language, singing, gaining confidence if they are at the 'front' - support younger and quieter children, cooperating, numeracy, add in creatvie if they have made their own props, physical - using equipment to make them etc etc

inportance of play for development - much better and more age and stage appropriate - too young for formal learning, young children learn through stages at their own pace - read your eyfs practice guidance - all the answers are there.
Unread 11-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

twiggy321 is on a distinguished road
Smile dont give up take time out

Hi there Debbie

dont give up i think your tutor needs to be abit more flexible with you. You have just got your husband back from Afgahistan which in its self is a huge thing.

Take some time out and have some quality time with him and the family

Explain this too your tutor perhaps even have more observations and personal disucssions to help

Even a few days away from this course will enable you to see things in a new light.

yes its tough going but the rewards at the end of it speak for themselves.

Keep going and dont despair, there is help out there especially on this site

take care if i can be of any help let me know

Maria
Unread 11-03-2010, 08:53 PM

thanks girls you have both been a great help