Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 09-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

dancingfirefly is on a distinguished road
Default Unit 10 Supporting and assessment of childrens creative development

Im really struggling with the whole nvq thing and now starting yet again another unit.
Which ways do u assess childrens creative development. We only do obs at our setting, and record what atge of developemnt ech child is at.I feel we should be doing more.

Help!!!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingfirefly View Post
Im really struggling with the whole nvq thing and now starting yet again another unit.
Which ways do u assess childrens creative development. We only do obs at our setting, and record what atge of developemnt ech child is at.I feel we should be doing more.

Help!!!!
I know you have written assessing creative development, but I think this could apply to other learning areas. As well as your written observations (whatever method you choose to do so), you could mention that you talk through children's learning development with colleagues, the child's parents and you could ask the child themselves. So, in your creative planning you may decide to do something such as a dinosaur stomp to music - but 'Daisy' seems a bit reluctant to join in. It appears that she doesn't like dancing, but after speaking to Daisy and others, she says how much she enjoys being a fairy - so you decide to dig out some 'Fairy' music/songs out, provide tutus and chiffon scarves and hey presto - she's dancing!

You could also write that you re-read through her learning profile to see where her interests lie, and that you always take her/his age and stage into consideration as well as their interests and likes. If you are having difficulty knowing what or where a child's interests lie - do a tracking observation - of the activities they visit and how long they stay ( and if they pefer to play alone or with others). That will help you build a picture up for future planning.
Unread 09-22-2010, 08:56 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

lou122 is on a distinguished road

I couldnt find any other thread with this assignment! Ive just started it aswell, and am struggling a little bit with the following,

K4M949
K4D950

The other questions and knowledge and understanding i have started but only done brief answers as i was hoping to go back and expand on them! So il be posting some more if i need some help! thanks guys :)
Unread 09-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

lou122 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS

Right brain freeze on the following,
CCLD 410.1
Question 1, identify relevant curriculum and assessment framework requirements.
I know this is linking to the EYFS but i dont know where to start! :(

Question 1, Support the planning and development of programmes to support creative development of children, according to their age, needs and abilities and the requirements of curriculum and assessments frameworks

Question 1
Support systems and procedures to monitor and assess the development of childrens creativity in the light of current best practice and relevant curriculum and assessment frameworks.

can any1 see a pattern on where im stuckkkk! lol help me pleaseeee!
Unread 09-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

shaffeena is on a distinguished road

please help in answering this question in school procedures for collecting data on pupils attendance and behaviour