Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 09-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

LadyIndigo is on a distinguished road
Newbie CCLD NVQ 2 - getting started?

Hello all.

I enrolled on and started this course 2wks ago (have attended college twice - starting my placement next week).

So far we've been given all the initial paperwork for our files, all the introductory stuff (library induction, getting to know eachother etc), but apart from that I am none the wiser about the course itself, how it works, what happens when etc.

I've followed an NVQ 2 in the past, different subject, so I have a good idea of how they work.
But now i'm chomping at the bit to get started and I have no starting point. I know that things will progress how they should when they should but I had hoped to know a bit more by now and be able to at get started on some of the work. It's all very frustrating.

Can someone please give me a bit of an overview - and details which are slightly more informative than what you get in the college info?
I just really want to know what i'm letting myself in for :reading:

I have a 3yr old son and I work part-time, so it's going to be a hard job in itself fitting in the coursework and doing my work placement (2 mornings a week at my son's school). Some insight would be really helpful.

Thanks all, Hayley.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-22-2010, 05:39 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

i could but i am not going to cos every college works differently and your tutor will lead you at the pace she thinks is appropriate. enjoy the slowness it wont last long. in the meantime read your text book and nursery world and familiarise yourself with the eyfs.
Unread 09-22-2010, 06:31 PM

General question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
in the meantime read your text book and nursery world and familiarise yourself with the eyfs.
What are they please?

I don't yet have a Text Book (I think you are referring to the main CCLD NVQ 2 book?) but i'm hoping i've found one to buy from a friend as I can't afford full price.

Thanks for your reply
Unread 09-27-2010, 10:33 PM

No one?

I'm ill with a stomach bug at the moment and missed my college class tonight (gutted)
Really hoping i'm better by Wednesday to start my placement at the school, otherwise that's the 2nd week i've had to delay it - my son was ill last week.
Unread 09-30-2010, 07:10 PM

poppit2k is on a distinguished road

i to am doing the nvq started in march this year nearly finished, the EYFS it the curriculum that the nurserys and schools follow, it is simple enough to understand, if you can get a book it will help you alot also if you type EYFS into google it will bring up some website that explain what it is.

I have a 4 year old and have found finding the time to study, work at my placement and be mum hard, but in the long run it will be worth while.

enjoy the break while it lasts an enjoy your course.