Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > PSE Wellbeing Health Safeguarding

PSE Wellbeing Health Safeguarding All matters relating to Personal, Social & Emotional issues, safeguarding and protecting, behaviour, illness, inclusion.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 10-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
PR: Sleep Problems ?

Sleep easy with help from the sleep clinic
Sleep expert offers advice on winding down for the perfect night's sleep

Chat date: Tuesday 30th October 2007
Chat time: 20.00

Are you one of those people who find it difficult to switch off before bedtime? How many nights have you lain in bed awake with your mind racing? Or gone to bed later than you should have and ended up with very little sleep? If this sounds familiar, you're not alone.

A new report, commissioned by Horlicks and set to be released at the end of October, is expected to reveal that millions of Brits are suffering from 'semisomnia', a new term coined in the report to describe daytime tiredness or low-grade exhaustion, thought to be caused by our inability to wind down before bedtime.

While the subject of sleep is often written about, past studies have tended to focus on the minority of people who suffer from chronic sleep problems like insomnia or sleep apnoea. Sleep research has traditionally failed to provide advice for the average person, but this report seeks to redress the balance.

Dr Neil Stanley, the report's author and former chairman of the British Sleep Society, has reviewed more than 30 years of bedtime behaviour and will be joining us online to reveal his concerns on the impact that the nation's poor sleep habits are having on our health and wellbeing. He'll also be sharing key hints and tips on how to wind down more effectively at the end of the day and unlock the key to a better night's sleep.

If you can't wait until the chat - here are some pointers to get you started:

Resolve - what is on your mind and how can you put it aside until tomorrow?
Relax - what helps you stop, sit down and take time out from your day?
Release - what helps your mind switch off from your day-to-day pressures and allows you to drift and think about nothing in particular?

Dr Neil Stanley, joins us live online at http://www.webchats.co.uk/webchat.php?ID=443 on
Tuesday 30th October at 20.00 to discuss sleeping easy

For more information visit www.horlicks.co.uk
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Must be quite lucky, nowadays I only have a few restless nights and thankfully can switch off evenings without too much hassle !

Haven't had Horlicks for years, used to use it to make the most delicious homemade fudge .. but didn't like washing up the (burnt) saucepan after lol !!!

The link to Holicks.co.uk has a free sample offer on ... sent for mine

Activities for National Bed Month
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 10-26-2007, 06:40 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chelltune is on a distinguished road

My Mum is terrible lately, she'll even get up in the middle of the night and go downstairs to make the packed lunches or read the paper then go back to bed. It musty be very frustrating not being able to sleep.
Unread 10-27-2007, 03:51 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road

It was a bad night last night! I went to bed at 1.30am, rolled around and finally got up again at 3am. Must've dozed off on the settee at some point cos I woke up and went back to bed at 5.10am! Feel like a zombie today!
Unread 10-27-2007, 08:08 PM

Chloe is on a distinguished road
Default Sleep

I love to sleep but occassionly wake up maybe go downstairs have a snack and go back to bed!!
Unread 10-27-2007, 09:56 PM

cabin is on a distinguished road

The strange thing with me is - I seem to need 'work related' stress to help me sleep! Seriously! I think it because I'm thinking about work issues - and I don't think about other stuff - I can't really explain it.... maybe it's because it's all relatively unimportant stuff really. When I'm not working - I don't sleep - I just get up have a cup of tea and watch a film (I never watch TV apart from then), sometimes I clean the house or read a book.

xx
Unread 10-28-2007, 06:50 PM

I need sleep! 2 hours last night!

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
Unread 10-28-2007, 09:21 PM

Chelltune is on a distinguished road

Miss Muffet, if you're up anyway you could come round to mine. My DD seems to think its a good idea to get up and wander several times a night. Perhaps you could look after her and let me sleep.
Unread 10-30-2007, 02:01 PM

May as well, things aren't improving!!! Thank goodness for 24hour supermarkets!