Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 04-21-2008, 08:18 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Lucy is on a distinguished road
Default K4D807 Child Dev 0 - 16 years

Hi Everyone

I really hope someone can help, i am just about to start on this question:

Detailed knowledge and understanding of children and young people’s development in the following areas linked to an in-depth knowledge and understanding of theoretical perspectives, including:

a Physical development
b Communication, intellectual development and learning
c Social, emotional and behavioural development

In each of the age groups
i Birth–3 years
ii 3–7 years
iii 7–12 years
iv 12–16 years

I was hoping somone could give me a few pointers on how to get started. Did you use the ages as a heading and write about the different types of dev underneath or the different types of development as headings?
How much did you write and how many theories did you use?

Many thanks in advance - my head is spinning

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-21-2008, 09:35 PM
Butterflyfllutterby

For this question I sourced my information from a book called - How to Observe Children by Sheila Riddall-Leech. It looks at the Physical Development, Cognitive and Language development and Emotional and Social Development of children from Birth - Eleven Years old. She linked all the developmental stages in with a theorist as well. The book is in work a the moment so can't get the ISBN No.

For 12 - 16 I sourced the information from a book called Child Development by Carolyn Meggitt - ISBN No. 978-0-435420-48-2

This age range is all about puberty and how the body changed physically, what emotional stresses that older children go threw with their hormone changes etc. My assessor told me that you can more or less copy the information as developmental stages are more or less set in stone

hope this helps

------------------------------------------

Child development thread and website information

Newer level 3 diploma handbook

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 12-05-2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Additional links
Unread 04-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Lucy is on a distinguished road

Hi Butterflyfllutterby

Wow thanks so much

That has really helped, i have both of those books at work so will look as soon as i arrive tomorrow morning.

Thanks Again
Unread 04-22-2008, 08:00 AM
nuttynik

The only way to research your Child Development Project successfully is to have a big bar of chocolate and a bottle of aspirin by your side! If you detail your project well, it will cover quite a bit of criteria and ke. My assessor keeps reminding me that level 3 needs to have more detailed information than level 2. When I did level 2 I was always adding to the project as I was finding more information that I hadn't included so, if for instance you find a bit of info that you haven't included when your looking at your standard sheets, add it to your project then log it off! Hey presto, not so much of a nightmare (she says with 2 large bars of chocolate by her side!):reading: :madhatter
Unread 04-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Butterflyfllutterby

Glad to have been some help.