Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > EYs Foundation Degree

EYs Foundation Degree Please use this forum to discuss the Foundation Degree ... assignment queries, integration of information into practice and other areas of learning ..

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 07-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

katielouise is on a distinguished road
Default foundation degree help

hi everyone one i am long time lurker first time poster to this forum. i am looking for some advice and information in regards to the foundation degree. A number of people in my setting have done the foundation degree and i applied to do this at hull uni. I was accepted onto the course and everything was hunky dory. I recieved a letter from uni on friday telling me the course has been discontinued and offered to transfer me onto a different course but this course is more social care based which is not an area i am looking to progress to. I have the following options available to me: to not do it this year and wait to see if the course in available next year, do the foundation degree with college (although i did nvq 2 and 3 here and are very dubious about this institution as i had no support and found this peticular college very disorganised) or apply with open university but i dont know much about this at all. Any info or thoughts would be brillaint especially about open university in regards to if any funding is available etc. As i understand open univeristy support from lecturers can be hit and miss but as i have a support network at work with several collegues who have already done the course i am not especially worried, although a collegue said a qualification from OU is less valued. Is this true? Any info would be great as i have been stressed about this all weekend. thanks

-----------------------------------------