Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 03-25-2012, 09:48 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

bricker is on a distinguished road
Default development charts

hi guys,
Just finishing off my development charts, but i am drawing a blank on a few!!
any help would be greatly appreciated!

*PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT 16-19 YEARS
*INTECLLECTUAL DEVELOPMENT 12-19 YEARS

Any ideas on what i can put under those headers??
Cheers! :)

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

goingmad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricker View Post
hi guys,
Just finishing off my development charts, but i am drawing a blank on a few!!
any help would be greatly appreciated!

*PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT 16-19 YEARS
*INTECLLECTUAL DEVELOPMENT 12-19 YEARS

Any ideas on what i can put under those headers??
Cheers! :)
Physical you could talk about girls reaching physical maturity and boys continuing to develop, weight etc.

Intellectual, subject preferences, able to think through things logically, what they want to do in future.

Hope this helps.
Unread 03-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

spelky~brooks is on a distinguished road

 During adolescence, young people go through many changes as they move from childhood into teenagers. Between the ages of 11~16 a young girls breasts will have started to develop and will have fully developed between 12~18 years old. A girls menstrual cycle may start as early as 12 and as late as 15. Pubic, armpit and underarm hair will grow equivalent to that of an adults at around 13~14 years old. Boys may begin to notice that their testicles and scrotum are growing and by the age of 16 or 17 their genitals are usually at their adult size. Pubic as well as armpit, leg, chest and facial hair begins to grow at about age 12 and is equivalent to that of an adult about 15 to 16 years. Physically, teenagers become much stronger and develop gross motor skills through a wide range of sports. Fine motor skills could consist of knitting, sewing, along with arts and crafts. By the time an adolescent has reached 19 years old, they could be sexually active and have children themselves. Some could be taller than their parents. A lot of teenagers who are going through these changes could be worried about personal image i.e. weight issues and how they look.

Intellectual:  At 12~16, a young adolescent will be entering a crucial stage in their lives, most will be making a transition from junior school to secondary school, there they will develop the ability to use their initiative e.g. taking options at school and may have a clear preference to arts or science. Teenagers become less sociable towards their parents and peers. Communication becomes less and more aggressive. At this age it is important for a young adolescent to fit in and not appear different from his/her peers therefore image and personal appearance becomes more important.

 Between 16~19 years of age young adolescents begin to think about their future. For some, 6th form or college may be an option; others may choose not to pursue further education and go to work. Adolescents develop the ability to speak rather than to ‘act out’ and relationships with parents and peers improve and become more honest and open. Peer group relationships may well be replaced by individual friendships and by this age a number of youths could be experiencing intimate relationships and a small amount may have children themselves

And you can always add more if needed....
Unread 03-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

bricker is on a distinguished road

ah thanks guys, this is a great help, think i have finished! yay. this forum is fab!!