Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 02-27-2014, 09:23 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Kayleigh.M. is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Ahhh, Help....... Risks

Helllooo.....

I have been given a task and i have had to write a list of risks children currently face, where is the risk and how does it affect the child.

My list is long but some help would be great;

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-27-2014, 10:07 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Sofia#1 is on a distinguished road

when taking a risk the child has to be comfortable with it he/she should be able to face it. It is your responsibility to empower and encourage them to take up a risk, in order for them to take it. You should help them take this decision; as you are older and more experienced, give them advice, if a child is willing to take a risk always make sure when doing it they are taking the right actions, it doesn't affect their future. It might affect their education, thier self esteem, confident... hope it helps
Unread 02-27-2014, 10:12 PM

Help SOS

Thanks for the reply. I understand what your saying but the answer isn't what I was looking for

So for some of my list is

Religion:
Bullying:
Disability:
Poverty:

And more. So the question is where is the risk children face by being in a certain religion and so on!? If you understand.....
Unread 02-27-2014, 10:56 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Sofia#1 is on a distinguished road
Highfive

religion: every one has their own unique religion.There children could be different to others. For example they want to move on got to a different country to forward their education, this a big risk. It could be foreign and may not understand anything there. You should help them make this decision; act normally but still give them advice to know the risk they are taking is right or wrong. The outcome could be they get bullied or discriminated against in new country and not settle in but also not be able to forward their education.
Bullying: bullying is very common with most children: they even risked their life. You responsibility is to make sure no on is bullied or getting bullied the outcome could be disastrous the children have low self esteem, lose confidence. If they bully the might end up on the wrong path. It should be happy and a fun area for everyone to learn in.
Disability: Disability could cause some children to give up in life but somehow should convince to make the time they have on earth happy. Make sure they are not bullied make sure the area is very friendly. If not there will be rumors and an affect on the child.

I hope this helped sorry about last one. This what i could write so far I hope I help this time
Unread 02-27-2014, 11:21 PM

Ooooo... Thanks that helped. Got so much more on my list but have an idea of what to look for now

Thanks