Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 08-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

kellyann36 is on a distinguished road
Default anybody doing their level 3 through an ENVQ?

Hi, was just wondering if there are many people doing their level 3 ccld through the ENVQ? Im doing mine, there are good points and bad points just wondered what other people think. Ive been messed about lots with my training, the company who trained me to level 2 went bust and lost all of my work, and i had to transfer to a different training company, it took me about 3 years to actually get my level 2!! Now on my level 3, had 3 different assessors and ive not been doing it long! The assessor ive got now is nice...its weather she stays or not that im worrying about!
Anybody else had problems with their training?

Kellyann

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-12-2009, 07:01 PM

Lil_Emz is on a distinguished road

I am so glad i am because i can see what is left and i can do what i want in my own time - i started about a month ago and my assessor thinks i may only need 4-5 more visits. Its really handy because i can access it at work instead of having to take a million and one folders with me to work every day. I was really messed about on my level 2 because i was continually having to wait for my assessor to tell me what to do and i wasnt even informed my assessor had left.

Only down point at the moment is the fact they are swapping to a new system
Unread 08-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

shrinkydink is on a distinguished road

Hi
I have been messed around by our main college doing my NVQ3, I started about 5 years ago then they wanted me to do the APEL course so I was transferred to that but heard nothing for almost a year, I decided to go back to doing the original course and got 2/3rds the way through when my assessor changed, they then lost two of my units so I had to re-do those I finally finished and when I got my certificate they had entered me for my 2, but all my work is for a 3 (how can they get it so wrong!!!). I have now gone to another company who have used all my hard work and I've now almost finished again doing my CCLD3.
Unread 08-14-2009, 03:42 PM

it took my boss nearly 2 years to do his nvq, i could be done in 3-4 months - all in house, have a tutor who comes out every 3-5 weeks. Had on my 1st visit 1 1/2 units signed off, so glad i'm doing my level 3 this way
Unread 09-04-2009, 02:55 PM

kellyann36 is on a distinguished road

It does seem easier in the way that it is all on the computer... dont have to carry folders around. Though i do get very nervous doing guided discussions and being recorded!
Does anybody know what weights mean. On the top of the envq site it says weights 56% achieved 35% and i think im supposed to finish in may so i dont know how im doing with it lol
Unread 09-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

bamboozle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyann36 View Post
Hi, was just wondering if there are many people doing their level 3 ccld through the ENVQ? Im doing mine, there are good points and bad points just wondered what other people think. Ive been messed about lots with my training, the company who trained me to level 2 went bust and lost all of my work, and i had to transfer to a different training company, it took me about 3 years to actually get my level 2!! Now on my level 3, had 3 different assessors and ive not been doing it long! The assessor ive got now is nice...its weather she stays or not that im worrying about!
Anybody else had problems with their training?

Kellyann
i know how you feel, only started nvq3 at begining of august and on 2nd assessor already. i'm printing copies of all my work cos theres no way i would want to do it all over again. i've heard a few stories like yours so you are not the only one. incredible!
Unread 09-16-2009, 08:39 PM

only problem i have had with my assessor is that shes been away atm but i'm on my 3rd visit and she thinks i could be done by october and i started in august - so glad it isnt dragging out so much but with the move to a new provision as i work at 2 within the same company could be interesting in a few weeks time
Unread 09-19-2009, 06:57 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

lauralee is on a distinguished road

hi everyone,
I too started this on computer and after the 1st visit they changed it to the EDI system of doing it. this is where you work through your tasks and your work is recorded on a memory stick. you also have to do research and have professional discussions, you also have to do 5 tests. These replace you having to do assignments. I started in april and am on my 2nd assessor, who has lost my ERR book. this you also have to do work in. it is about employment rights etc. I am printing copies of my work as well incase they lose it or erase it from my memory stick. there seems to be a lack of communication between the 2 assessors which leaves me in the middle. also you email or text and they don't reply 2 you, which is frustrating. basically if i've done my set tasks, you can go onto your memory stick and carry on with the next set of tasks, so that is a plus.