Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 12-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road
Default reflect on review and develop own practice unit 404

hi has anyone done this unit im a bit stuck i ve had a go at these questions but not sure if ive gone into enough detail anyone out there who can give me a few ideas please

K4p819 up to date policy and how this affects your work and how this is interpreted locally and within your setting.

K4d820 how to further assess areas for development in your skills and knowledge through reflection, feedback literature searches, review of theory including current and emerging research ( this one im not sure about )

K4m823 the importance of integrating new information and learning in order to meet current best practice, quality schemes or regulatory requirements.

I dont want to waffle on too much, can anyone give me an idea of what to include especially for k4d820 its the emerging research that concerns me?
perhaps im looking ito it too much, thanks for your help.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-30-2007, 01:16 PM

Air is on a distinguished road

Hi Brandy
I don't think you are looking too far into it...this unit is about reflecting and evaluating your own practice. You will need to draw on current policy and research. Reflecting on practice is a tool for self-evaluation and will enable you to develop and learn from assessing your own performance. This unit is also about taking part in continuous professional development and how this has been used to develop your own practice.
Remember that your written work must reflect, the policies and procedures of your workplace and linked to current legislation and the values and the principles for good practice in children’s care, learning and development.
Your reflective work means describing your actions in a particular situation and explaining why you did things the way you did....perhaps by using reflection, in areas of your practice, e.g. how you have prioritised areas for change and development of your own practice...sorry if I am telling you stuff you already know...not sure how much advice to give!!
Air
x
Unread 12-30-2007, 09:38 PM

Brandy is on a distinguished road

thanks air Iam going to review the items on my job description and reflect on those, it looks like I am working along the right lines, just needed someone to confirm it!!
Unread 12-31-2007, 04:36 PM

Air is on a distinguished road

Glad I reassured you rather than confuse!!...I seem to be quite good at that!...if you need anything else please let me know....oh, and Happy New Year!:party:
x