Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 06-13-2016, 03:54 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Cparker is on a distinguished road
Default Help!!!

I am on my first two booklets of Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare and I am really struggling. I'm trying to do it around work and I've got a month to finish these two booklets my head is boggled.

I'm currently doing the Knowledge Evidence booklet units 304, 305, 314, 315
and Children's Services units 302, 303

Any help or answers would be very much appreciated

Carrie

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-13-2016, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi a very warm welcome to the site, 4 weeks to complete the entire 6 units, or specific criteria from across the units?

If you post unit titles and wording I'm sure member's will help where they can. No answers, just guidance :) your tutor/assessor knows how you write and where you work so only you can reflect your knowledge, understanding and professional experience. Plagiarism is the quickest way a learner gets to see the end of their course!

Best wishes x
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 06-13-2016, 04:56 PM

Its two booklets with specific criteria from across the units.

unit 302 understand how to empower children and young people to develop strategies to protect their own safety and wellbeing.

unit 303 understand how to support children and young people who disclose abuse.

Understand how to support children and young people who have experienced harm or abuse.

That's just a couple.

I'm struggling more with how the questions are worded once ive go the questions ive managed to answer a few.

Any sort of help is very much appreciated

x
Unread 06-13-2016, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

which handbook do you have access to help with the understand parts?

page 130 of the level 3 Heinemann handbook explains
Empowering children and young people to make positive and informed choices

Children and young people need to be empowered to keep themselves safe. Children will always push boundaries and take risks - that is how we all learn. Your role is to manage those risks without taking away their independence.

Think about how you help a child to learn a new skill such as crossing the road. First you cross holding their hand, telling them about looking both ways and thinking about traffic. When you feel they understand the dangers you cross without holding onto them, gradually moving to letting cross alone with supervision. Finally, when they are empowered, and can make their own choices - if it's safe to cross, to walk, wait, why running is dangerous, they are able to cross alone and without supervision. In addition to your support, a number of other community safety factors support them: safe crossing places, careful drivers and speed limits.

page 386 quote: 'empowering children and young people is about finding ways to involve them in decision making, listening to them and giving them as many opportunities as possible to take on responsibility or have control'

If you apply this approach of empowerment to online safety, disclosing abuse and other situations you'll see that through empowerment and the provision of information a child is able to make choices and decisions, they become able to protect themselves.

Page 124 and 182 are useful reading for unit 303 understand how to support children and young people who disclose abuse. Also use your copy of the setting's policy and procedure so you know what you're writing about is demonstrating your understanding of workplace practice.

This sample chapter may help

understand how to support children and young people who have experienced harm or abuse - use your workplace policies and procedures and contact your course provider or tutor for the information that you need to read so that you're able understand how to support children in these circumstances.

Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 06-13-2016, 07:34 PM

Thank you so much for the hep. I have the newer vrsion on that book just cant get my head around the questions.

Carrie x
Unread 07-25-2016, 12:19 PM

lolypop is on a distinguished road

what are the question i will help if i can