Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 09-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Tracy.S is on a distinguished road
General question 305.1 pc1 provide info for children families

provide info for children, families and communities that promotes participation and equality of access.

Hi bit confused about what is required here. Wish they would word these in plain English

is it asking how my setting provides this info to our families or is it refering to gov. policy/legislation or both.

We have numerous policy documents on different areas of inclusion at my setting but I don't think they are given to parents unless they ask for them.

Any help with this would be much appreciated

Tracy

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

janeb is on a distinguished road

I haven't done the NVQ route so apologies if I'm wrong but I would probably say that it means that the info you give the parents should be "user-friendly".

For example...

Make sure that all info in your setting covers any other first languages if possible or talk through info if parents have a limited understanding of english. Try to make leaflets etc in plain, uncomplicated language (explaining any acronyms etc) - don't blind them with technical terms.:reading:

Ensure that dads, divorced parents, carers etc all have access to your information and are included in it (i.e. don't just say "Mums")

Ensure that parents/carers feel included in the setting - parents in partnership - displays that welcome them etc

If your space is a communal space (e.g. scout hut, church hall), share your work with the community to show what the children get up to - this is good promotion as well! :teacher:

Any advertisements etc (for jobs or places in your setting) should promote equality - be careful with your wording! Asking for staff with excellent english skills could be seen as discrimination against those from other countries/races.

Hope that helps a bit!
Unread 09-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Tracy.S is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your help Janeb,

Having a bit of a mental block at the moment!

Tracy