Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 01-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

yakidodo is on a distinguished road
Default Being assessed next week.

Hi, I'm been on level 3 since Sept and I was just wondering, I've got my assessor coming to watch me next week for 3 hours. I was wondering if you have any tips for me? What I need to do? Anything I shouldn't really miss. I'm really nervous about it.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-19-2009, 09:46 PM

babe is on a distinguished road

Hi

Don't be nervous. Just be yourself and do what you normally do with the children. Your assessor will be looking at how you communicate and interact with the children more than anything to open up your units!! After a while you will forget she is there so just be natural!! She should tell you after the obs what she will be looking for on future visits but you will plan these visits together anyway! You will be fine though!! Just enjoy it!!
Unread 01-19-2009, 10:17 PM

Thankyou. I'll try.
Unread 01-20-2009, 12:22 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

gemkaikay is on a distinguished road

That is the best information mate, just be yourself and she will tell your where you are going wrong, if anywhere!!! good luck xx
Unread 01-20-2009, 08:41 PM
Hannahlg

yeah dont be nevers just be yourself and talk and intoract with the children
Unread 01-20-2009, 08:49 PM
Bailey

Dont be nervous!! Its your assessors job to make you feel at ease and believe it or not its her duty to be as unobtrusive as possible. After a while you will totally forget she is there.
Just do your daily duties and you will be fine.
Unread 02-10-2009, 07:17 PM

Hi guys, Did what I normally do, my teachers and I thought it went great, my assessor didn't really say much about it, after 3 hours of being observed abit of praise would have been good. The next one is for 5 hours, which I have to do an observation and a planned activity (have no idea what to do for it). So not looking forward to it at all. So close to packing it in. Is it normal practice to get observed for 5 hours?