Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 05-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

WaitingInTheWeeds is on a distinguished road
Default How many visits should I get from my assessor?

Hello!

I started my course in October 2012 and finish October this year,how many visits can I expect from my assessor? I'm in college on day a week and work at a morning playgroup (3 hours). My assessor for my practical skills is different to my knowledge skills and my practical work seems really hurried and rushed. I've had one visit (2 hours) so far.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-14-2013, 04:56 PM
Duckling ~~ dipping in to help out ~~

misssparkles is on a distinguished road

Hi, I was told that we would get about 3 visits in total, but it depends on how much they need to see. If you cover more areas in one visit then it may not be necessary to come so often. I can imagine that you would receive another visit from your assessor before you finish your course, to get a final observation in, and to tie up any loose ends. If you are concerned then talk to your assessor/tutor.

Unread 05-14-2013, 06:04 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

LKP is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I had observations and reviews roughly every 8-12 weeks but I know I was lucky as I know people who have done other similar courses, was only observed once for the year. I guess it depends on the provider?

Do you have a mentor in your setting? Are they providing or able to provide witness statements on you practical work if your assessor cannot.
Unread 05-14-2013, 06:12 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

we dont do witness statements any more you have to be a qualified assessor to assess the performance units. you should 3 or 4 BUT maybe she thinks you are an all year provider? YOU need to lead the assessment ring her and make some dates.
Unread 05-14-2013, 09:31 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

LKP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
we dont do witness statements any more you have to be a qualified assessor to assess the performance units. you should 3 or 4 BUT maybe she thinks you are an all year provider? YOU need to lead the assessment ring her and make some dates.
The witness statements we had were from qualified professionals, not just someone working at the same level I was
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:52 PM
Duckling ~~ dipping in to help out ~~

misssparkles is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
really? my assessor has told us to get witness statements from anyone who sees us do anything "of interest" as it is useful evidence to fulfil the assessment criteria. :