Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 02-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

loopy is on a distinguished road
Default Hi I'm new to this site - Development and self esteem question

Hi everyone,

I came across this site by chance when trying to research 403. I nearly wept with joy when I found you. Its good to know I am not the only one struggling with NVQ4 especially unit 403. My brain is aching now. Any help on this unit would be much appreciated. Trying to get my head around Language theorists at the moment.
No doubt i will be visiting you again and again
Thanks for being here x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

THE FOX is on a distinguished road
Default language theorists ccld 4

Hi there,

I'm new too, i've just finished my section on language theorists - can be a bit long winded eh xx

I used:
Chomsky: Language Acquisition Device
Piaget: Cognitive constructivism
Vygotsky:social constructivism and language

I also threw in a few controversial ones like Dunstan also and then reviewed them.

How you finding it xxx
Unread 02-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi and a very warm welcome to you both

Please enjoy the site, look forward to hearing how things go ..

Ruth
xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-05-2009, 04:37 PM

Hi
Thanks so much for the reply. Has helped a lot. I find my brain is just mush every time I pick up my book. Finding any excuse to put it down again but really must get on with it.
Stuck on development of self esteem and identity now. Will be glad when this unit is finished (seems a long way off at mo).
How are you doing with it Fox?
Thanks to Ruth for the welcome too.
xx
Unread 02-05-2009, 09:14 PM

Biggrin

Hi Loopy,

Glad it helped and thanks to ruthierhyme for the welcome too xxx

I have real ups and downs with it, when i first started in april i didn't think i would ever get to where i am now. Saying that i've still got loads to do ....

I find the internet a much better research tool than alot of the books i was recommended. Its much more concise and cuts out all the extra 'drivle' you don't need to read up on.

I used to practically write up parts of the books then rewrite them using about 3 other sources - making sure i don't plagiarise is always on my mind. Its just very time consuming. But now all the extra work i put in for the mandatory units has paid off cos i'm just literally cross referencing all my knowledge evidence and my p.c's for the optional units and i've done 425 and 428 really quickly. Not sure what others to do next.

I am actually really enjoying it though and will be well chuffed with myself if i ever complete it.

By the way for the self esteem question etc
I used:
Attachment stages
Theory of mind
Independence
Personality
Birth order
Mahler:theory of development
Erikson Theory of Pshyco-social development
Vygotsky Socio-cultural theory
I also cross referenced back to K4D800 as i had done work on self esteem on that question.

Sorry i have really waffled on :muted:xxx how r u getting on with it xxx
Unread 02-05-2009, 09:41 PM

haylock98 is on a distinguished road

Hi Ive completed this unit and was so glad to finish it! I researched various theorists identified their area of research, theory and key links to everyday practice and done this in a chart format. Names of theorists Chris Athey (Schemas), Albert Bandura (social learning), John Bowlby (Attachment, separation, grief and loss), Tina Bruce (early years, education and play) and many more! If you identify links with everyday practice you will also cover K4D376 aswell as K4D806. 403.3 pc1,3 - policy document for encouraging positive behaviour name point of contact with regards to this policy, where its kept, summarize the main points, what are your responsibilities within this policy, identify any training and state what you have learnt from this policy. 403 K804,805,374,375,377,381,382 -assignment observing and assessing children - why observing is important, ways in which observations can be used, methods for recording childrens development, processes and procedures for observing,assesssing and recording, types of assessments, why plan for children, why valid and reliable data is required, planning cycle, who and why information would be shared with. hope this helps just a few ideas good luck!:idea:
Unread 02-05-2009, 09:49 PM

haylock98 is on a distinguished road

Hi Loppy Im new to this site I just read you have completed 425 I have almost finished answering all the knowledge for this unit but would appreciate any ideas to complete the pc's or other units that I could cross reference into this unit????
Unread 02-05-2009, 10:14 PM

Hi Haylock,

Its THE FOX,

They were some really good ideas regarding 403 - wish i'd had that advice before i finished it!

It really depends what you were observed on by your assessor previously- i asked her to come to a staff meeting ( to cover some of 401, 402, 403 )and had already discussed with my staff what i wanted to talk about, what i wanted them to ask me and what i wanted them to throw in out of the blue e.g a few conflicts and some wonderful praise - also some discussions how i had balanced their home/work life. I added some health and safety issues and we discussed the changes and new strategies we would be undertaking through the EYFS. I had this obs last july. Honestly it was ridiculous what i crammed in there but it was worth it xxx My assessor prob knew it was a set up but she never said anything xxx

Hope this helps

Last edited by THE FOX : 02-05-2009 at 10:16 PM. Reason: add extra
Unread 02-06-2009, 12:15 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road

Hi Loopy and The Fox,

Welcome to our friendly gang.

Tracey
Unread 02-06-2009, 06:25 PM

Hi
Thanks to Miss Muffet for the welcome. I have found that everyone is really helpful here and hope I can be of help too !!
Fox thank you for all the information you have given me. I am still finding 403 a nightmare. My head feels like exploding. I find I am researching for 3 hours and writing 1page!! Not good. The internet is a good base for research i agree with you. Its all here in front of me I've just got to get it down on paper. Your meeting sounds great. I am going to take your idea and cover some of my pc's this way too. Thanks for that. How are you getting on?? xx
Hi Haylock, thanks for all your info too. I'm glad you posted and I am def going to be taking your advice. Ive not done 425 but the fox's ideas should be very useful for you.
Thanks everyone and please keep me posted how you are doing
xxx