Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Policy Procedure & Planning

Policy Procedure & Planning Preschool Nursery and Early years policy, procedure and planning discussions. Please use this forum for conversation regarding frameworks, finances, fees and the organisation of a childcare setting's paperwork

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 10-25-2007, 08:39 PM
tinks

Default N Ireland planning

Any of you lovvrly gals or guys able to help me out?? I have recentley moved to Northern Ireland and a new job , new nursery, new team etc, I was wonndering if anyone had got any experience in planning activities and osbervation to meet the northern ireland curriculum. I need some help please, please and pretty please lol . i have been told that you do child observation to make your planning and not to worry about theme , which i understand but for some reason i just cant get it started , The new nursery has nothing i can refer back on to look at either as most files that have been left are now outdated ,,, Anybody please !!!!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

wow firstly congratulations on the new area and job

Did the previous leader leave anything for you to start off with ?

It sounds like a forward thinking way of doing things a little like play plans building the planning ?

If you find any good links to websites and the NI curriculum I'd love a browse
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 10-26-2007, 11:49 PM
tinks

Thanks Ruthierrhyme, i certainley will post anything that i can find, you never know someone else may be trying to find the same info as me !!!So far though have come up with very little onlt that the curriculum lies under five main areas. The Arts, Language, Early mathematical experiences,The world Around Us, Personal , social and emotional and physical development.

The only information i have found is within this booklet , so i am trying to derive the plans from this and observations but as the english one is so comprehensive im finding it hard to narrow it down lol
www.deni.gov.uk/nursery_pre_school.pdf..

Thanks again for taking the time to lend a hand
Unread 11-28-2007, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Tinks, how is it all going ?
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-30-2008, 08:08 PM
tinks

thanks for asking, At the moment im just doing how i think it should be done , will be getting some formal training soon ( i hope) lol . From what i can gather it seems that in northern ireland they are already working to how the new EYFS is going with the - make observation - record learning and intrests- develop further planning for these intresets- and then evaluate the plans . its a lot of paperwork . I guess its really planning for each child or small groups - rather than a whole group. Its not too bad when you are in the swing of things but in a class of sixteen and only two staff , with one of them tied to making observations all day it can get pretty sticky , ecspecially when snack etc needs to be done. Hopefully with some practice it will get easier !!!!!hahaha. Also the curriculum has a lot less information , its very basic with just few areas and objectives to pick from , ive not quite got my head around it yet as im so used to everything being so precise!!! needless to say any advice is very much appreciated , take care .