Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 05-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

adele is on a distinguished road
Help SOS please help k3c184, k3c185, k3c186

Hello i'm just about to complete unit 301 but have one last question i've been trying to put pen to paper all day but i have nothing

My assessor is coming to see me in a couple of days so would be very grateful if someone could help me please

K3C184, K3C185, K3C186 - List some typical situations where conflicts and communication difficulties with other adults may be experienced saying how you have dealt with these (at least 3). Try to include the following points in your answer: Why must you be sensitive to communication difficulties with adults? What strategies could be used to overcome communication difficulties? How could you adapt the way you communicate to meet their needs? Why is it important to be sensitive when dealing with communication difficulties? When may it be necessary to adapt the way you communicate to meet the needs of other adults?

I don't think i've had to deal with that much conflict if i have i can't remember how i dealt with it this question is giving me a very big headache please help.

Many thanks Adele

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

bountyangel is on a distinguished road

I combined k3c184 and k3c185 together and my assessor said it was ok to do that, one situation could be a child soiling their clothes and the strategies would be, take the parent to one side privately and explain what has happened also put a brief note in their daily diary as they are in place to communicate with parents.But some parents may not find it easy to approach staff as they may not know how to word their query. So make sure that all staff are approachable at all times, this helps parents fell more at ease. Parents can insist on a meeting in private, translate letters to their home language. Hope this helps.

Last edited by bountyangel : 05-11-2010 at 08:06 AM. Reason: didnt finish the reply
Unread 05-11-2010, 08:13 AM

K3c186 scenario 1, i used was that a member of staff may have an issue with their manager about not being around when needed and when they are around it just causes an atmosphere and the reasons for it going wrong could be a lack of conversation and staff ratios. solution could be that the member of staff approaches their manager to discuss the issues and to talk about it to clear the air. scenario 2, there are 2 members of staff that have different ideas on how to complete a task, but as they dont communicate with each other and they dont get on so they get the resources together and start their own version of the activity the reason for the breakdown lack of communication, problems should not effect the job and also not acting very mature. The solution could be have a meeting with the supervisor to clear the air, be more of a role model, to come to a compromise and a deployment rota should be put together with everyones input,
Unread 05-11-2010, 08:57 PM

Thank you very much, this is very helpful

What would i say about the communication difficulties with adults, does this mean someone with say hearing problems or does it just mean adults haven't communicated well like not talking??
Also when may it be necessary to adapt the way you communicate to meet the needs of other adults??

Thanks again for your help

Adele
Unread 05-12-2010, 08:52 AM

I used hearing problems as i wear hearing aids so it seemed just logical to use this as the example. Depending on the adult if it is a colleague or a parent then this should be done on a professional level. In the setting I was in we had parents with English as a second language so we had a member of staff who was able to translate and they found that it put them at ease and that the member of staff was also approachable. Hope this helps.
Unread 05-12-2010, 07:57 PM

Highfive

Thank you that has helped, we had a student once who had a hearing aid & we have a parent who's english is there second language, & a member of staff who has english as second language so ill use those for examples

Many thanks
Adele