Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 09-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

claredd1976 is on a distinguished road
Default Need advice - case studies.

Hi all

I am seeking advice from you again, as you have been so helpful in the past. I am plodding on with my NVQ and so far have been enjoying it.

My assessor has given me a couple of case studies to do. Have any of you ever done case studies. I struggle with how to word things and how much I should be writing.

The first one is dealing with an angry and rude parent who doesn't want to stay and settle their child in a new setting. The parent criticises the procedure , explaining that she needs to work and hasn't got time.

The 2nd is dealing with an angry parent again, who doesn't agree with their child participating in other cultures festivals.

Any advice on how to get started on these would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-27-2009, 10:34 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

bec2012 is on a distinguished road

I had those ones, my file is in being marked at the moment so can't tell you what I put but the bits I remember include

For the 1st one you have to listen and understand and offer other options, would another time make it easier or is there another carer who could settle her in.

For the second one you have to explain your policys for inclusion and that other cultures are part of the EYFS

I wrote mine as if I was in the situation, things I would say and possible things the parent could say. Hope this is a little help!!!