Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 09-16-2009, 10:13 PM
hempstead1969

Help SOS Going under

Can anyone tell me how you went about completing your nvq2. (all i have is a couple of books and the net) and I have an assessor who comes to visit me at my setting she is giving me some work sheets which cover the standards (i feel like i am struggling with them)is this how other people have done the work?
Is it acceptable to go through each standard and answer them as questions and answers (i hope i am making sense)

I have been working all evening and feel like i have got nowhere.
So i have now opened a beer and will get even less done.
Please can someone tell me how to go about doing this .

Thanks x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-16-2009, 11:51 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hiya, paddle slowly .. you'll be good xx

Sounds like you have a supportive assessor, everyone seems to have differing experiences of their qualifications.

The knowledge in the units does read confusingly .. so many people need to be able to read and enterpret it for their own individual/student/organisational needs.

The K&U shouldn't be answered as questions as such - at all I have a feeling I should be saying, read the knowledge that it asks you to understand and then see how it applies to your own work & setting .. although you may seem to answer it 'as a question, many times you are reflecting and writing about what you do in your own practice, you'll find you follow leads to confirm and research legislation, regulation, standards - best practice and see again how that may impact on what you do at work, how you conduct yourself, see personal and professional opinion and how things can change for the better and worse.

I hope this helps, please feel free to post if you get stuck

and enjoy your beer

If anyone else has a different approach please post

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 09-17-2009, 07:54 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

bec2012 is on a distinguished road

I haven't had to go through the standards, my assesor sets me tasks to do with the children or sets projects/questions, all of these will have a list of standards that she expects it to cover so I answer the questions/write the project and then look up the standards and check that my answers have covered them. or plan an activity and check that it covers.
I've also been on a few courses run by the county, they are subsidised and so only cost £10 each but they cover the work and you just have a discussion afterwards to check what you have learnt. You could ask if there are any near you.
I know what you mean about going under with 3 young children I do get that feeling too but just keep plodding on and you will start to get it done, I've been going 6 months and the tick boxes are filling up!
Unread 09-17-2009, 07:47 PM
hempstead1969

Default thanks

Thanks for you replies will take on board your answers.

Many thanks
x
Unread 09-18-2009, 01:22 PM

shrinkydink is on a distinguished road

Hi
What books have you got, most of the time your Pc's correspond to a heading in the books, (city and guilds also have the knowledge questions in the margins). I did mine by reflecting on practice (level 3) but other members of staff answered by doing questions. Also ask your manager if she can do witness testemonies for you especially if you have been designated an activity for that day.
Hope this helps
Unread 09-18-2009, 01:40 PM

Hi again
Just had a thought I have a copy of a reflective account showing me how to set out a good account and cover most of the unit, If you would like me to email you a copy I will.
Unread 09-19-2009, 08:36 AM
hempstead1969

That would be great many thanks, I really appreciate your help
x
Unread 09-25-2009, 04:39 PM

So sorry not to get back to you sooner but I lost the thread which I had promised to send the reflective accounts to.
send me your email address and i'll do that for you
Unread 09-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

lolly is on a distinguished road

plz send to me plz....many thanks.im very stuck on this course and need all the help i can get,x

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 09-27-2009 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Email removed sorry - Please pm details