Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 11-22-2009, 12:37 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

angelpal is on a distinguished road
Default question k3d242 unit 305 HELP!!!!!!

Hi can anyone give me a wee hand wif this please? i have wriiten a bit but when ive read back over question am not sure if i covered rite!!! Any ideas please?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

pip squeak is on a distinguished road

What have you got so far?
Unread 11-22-2009, 03:20 PM

Default unit 305 question k3d242

Hi so far i have written about the two types of models as views of disability: social & medical, how childcare assts etc must use social and improve were can the setting so it is more accessible for all the children in my care! also applies to equipment. Gave examples of these two as well. Went on 2 describe a child within my setting who has hearing impairment and the ways in which the school adapts to suit his needs etc how we use visual aids etc and about the people we communicate with through resources and support services and parents.This is a condensed example of what ive actually done but am i on the right track???????
Unread 11-22-2009, 06:12 PM

Definitely sounds on the right track to me. I like the way you have reflected on an actual child in your setting, proves working practice! As long as you have said what you have actually done to support the child. I notice you have a few we's. Your assessor will be looking at what you do.

Check the planning part, you say about adapting, have you included a reflective example on how you modified adapted a plan for the child. Or you could show your assessor an actual planning sheet you have drawn up for the child. Could be in the child's learning journey as a next step - if you are working to EYFS.

Make sure you have parents/carers written permission to show the child's records to your assessor.
Unread 11-22-2009, 09:26 PM

Thanx yea was working with this child along wif teacher & classroom asst when i began my placement in september which was in primary 3 class but unfortunately am rarely with this class at all now am with primary 1's for two days a week now so don't really get to work with him now. Will this actually matter as i did have a bit of experience working with the child at the time only thing is do not have a child in same position in my current class. Want to thank you for your help really appreciate it
Unread 11-22-2009, 11:13 PM

As long as you say what you actually did, this would be reflective practice and September wasn't that far back.

To make the evidence even stonger you could get a witness to sign to say you actually did this. Check with your assessor different training providers have different appoaches on how witnesses are to be used.

Good luck & you are welcome
Unread 11-23-2009, 10:21 AM

Thanx again really appreciate this findin this unit a little harder than i thought am actually in the middle of doing up a book a bit like a prospectus for welcoming new pupils and their parents to the setting and have to cover unit 305.1 & 305.2 and 3 or 4 of the knowledge questions in it 2! Have almost fin it but has taken ages and am not sure if its rite so am pullin my hair out at this stage!!!!! Have 2 days to fin it up so panickin, so am glad of the help & advice from here! Thank you
Unread 01-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

jstar is on a distinguished road

This post has been brill and inspired me for 305.2 pc3 as well as k3d242. I am going to use an example of a child with speech difficulties and how we are improving our provision for developing language and communication skills within the setting. Flashcards in all areas of the pre-school, use of flashcards in circle time, taking time to listen to the child, open ended questions etc.