Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 04-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

vicky119 is on a distinguished road
Default cyp. 4.1

Hi new to this site
4.1 Could you help with this question I am a little stuck. Explain how own working practice can affect children's and young peoples development.
4.2 Explain how insitutions, agencies and services can affect childrens development.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-20-2011, 08:45 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky119 View Post
Hi new to this site
4.1 Could you help with this question I am a little stuck. Explain how own working practice can affect children's and young peoples development.
Completely: your experience, your knowledge,your character - your disposition, your empathy - whether you like chidren?, your beliefs , whether you can work in a team for the benefit of children, whether you listen to them etc- everything that makes you 'you'. A good practitoner needs to be many things with the right knowledge/ability to continue to learn and reflect and above all really like and want to work with children, they deserve the best.
4.2 Explain how insitutions, agencies and services can affect childrens development.
insitutions - orphanages/children's homes, boarding school/foster homes etc

agencies and services - multi-agencies in the early years/children's sector, children's /family centres, health visitor etc

The above institutuions above are there for children (for whatever reason) - how do you think you would feel being brought up in a children's home with no parents or parents that you were taken from? (very good documentary on BBC 2 a couple of weeks ago with Neil Morrissy - may still be on I-Player).
What about boarding school? Why are children there? Some children are there because their families are working abroad and some are there because they or their parents have chosen that style of education. Some children love it and some don't. I went to boarding school because of the former reason and I loved it - lots of life and friends around 24 hours a day, I had positive experiences, support, no bullying, it suited me. How will this impact on children's development?
There will be two sides of every argument and there will be others who may not have had my experience.

Agencies, services etc are there to help children - but is their help welcomed or not by the parents? Think of some of the examples of their involvement and try and see both sides of an argument. If a parent is suffering from post natal depression - they may need help - but do they always welcome it? How may these children's development be affected? Will their parent's circumstances affect their development if they are depressed, having money probrems, feeling unable to provide what they feel their child needs?

Try and think of both sides of the argument - whether it helps their development, affects it in any way, or actually hinders their development in certain/all/any area.
Unread 07-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

lil1 is on a distinguished road

i am also stuck on 4.2 just dont know how to word it,has anyone got any suggestions please?x
this is the last question i have to answer on this unit & need to get this unit signed off.