Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 05-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Charmed38 is on a distinguished road
General question Need Help Again

Please can anyone help me with the following question

Unit 206 assignment 11 Re-write the following sentences in order of priority:

1-Displaying Children's work
2-Providing sufficient space and materials
3-The involvement in an activity is more important than the end results.
4-Getting the activity done because it has been planned.

Also need some help with assignment 7, what sort of pictures can i use for my flashcards and ho do i describe how these could support children with english as their second language?

Last edited by Charmed38 : 05-01-2010 at 07:32 PM.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

flash cards need pictures which will show the child what you are going to do need to to do like we have time line cards and makaton cards but may be a set made up with the words in their language under the english word to would help we have cards like circle time with a picture of children sitting in a circle . lunch time a picture of a plate and cutlery , toliet with a pic of a toliet , snack is a picture a food ,welcome a picture of 2 children shaking hands , children putting on coats , picture of the garden for outdoor play .a picture of a child putting their finger over their lips for quiet .
well theses are some of the cards we have I hope theses help theses are based on a pre school but you can adapt them for schools.

the involvement in an activity is
providing or displaying
getting the activity done

not sure on the middle 2 as equally as imporatant but other 2 i think are in the right place because being involved is more important then end results and doing an activity just because it is planned is not that important
Unread 05-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

twinthing is on a distinguished road

if you want some excellent visual aids and flash cards search online for visual aids and there are some sites with free printable sheets to cut out and then try the on line translation sites to put the appropritate words in both english and the other language. hope that helps.
Unread 05-02-2010, 06:06 PM

but on the assignment it says magazines in brackets, so i am confused
Unread 05-02-2010, 06:26 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

twinthing is on a distinguished road

do you mean you need pictures from magazines??? that might prove hard.....I suggest you make a visual time table...just done one for my setting using the pictures from visualaids.com
or can you take some photos and print them? I did pegs with coats on and a clock for 9am
then I used pictures of toys for free choice, a picture of fruit for snack time and then a picture of a book for story time and then 12 and home time.

visual aids are very usefull for children who have english as an additonal launguage....if you have a digital camera you could even get the children to take the photos for you! hope that helps x
Unread 05-03-2010, 05:21 PM

the assignment says make up 6 flashcards (using magazines) and then put some questions on the back