Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Childminding

Childminding Share childminding and home education ideas

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 05-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Alert Non Payers

Has anyone had to take action against Non paying parents ?
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-23-2007, 02:05 PM
vik3000

A childminder that I know did and it cost her a fortune for the inital outlay - to get the ball rolling. All the NCMA did was to give her advice on how to do it, She had to pursue the correct channels - small claims court etc and even then she found it hard going. She was awarded the amount but because the parents said they could only pay £1.00 per week that was what it was set out.
I know that she considers the "contracts" not worth the paper they are printed on now and according to her the NCMA where not of any help or use at all.

This is only one minders opinion though. She sticks to her guns - no payment when specified (ie at the end of the weeks session) no more service till paid up in full. I think she also now requests advance fees.

Thank fully I have not had this problem - just others where the parents think I am a glorified sitting service
Unread 05-23-2007, 04:40 PM
noah

no..but stick rigidly to a policy given to all patentsd. advance fees... we do give 2 weeks before chasing, then we add a 5% interest on unpaid fees and then no fee no session. so most we are down is 2 weeks... sounds hard but if they go shopping do they expect not to pay at the checkout?
Unread 05-23-2007, 05:44 PM
cybertwin

i agree, we have threatened solicitors and court before but not gone there - we give them 2 weeks to pay then a red letter, printed in red, with red on the envelope for all to see!!! funny how many times the black arrives. then if no money by end of half term we add £5 per week. we bill half termly.

often have some on weekly though,
it is harder to stop them coming when on eye grant but can insit they onyl attend for 2.5hrs although never had to do.

i agree they can still shop, go to pub, smoke, etcetcetc, but "forget" thier fees.