Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 11-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Spry is on a distinguished road
Help SOS situation

Can anyone help me im really stuck on to questions for my level 3
Ive done 2 situation and I need to answer
These questions
In situation 2 what role did clear communication play the positive outcome?
What other difficulties could prevent effective communication/cause conflict and how could you deal with them

this is the situation
A situation that I have experienced is when I had to do a parents evening for one of my key children. I had to show the parents there child’s progress book which I have been doing, also i had ask the parents questions about how they think there child has settled into nursery.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hiya, when a situation like this uses the word 'role I've looked at it as a vehicle .. an analogy might be .. communication on or being a bus - fill up all the seats, aisles and footwells with it .. and then see who gets on, who gets off and who asks for information ...

Knowing what 'clear communication' means to you will help ... this may possibly involve - You , you're ablity to talk, communicate, discuss, help, know and guide..

The information you have. What you know about your setting, it's way of doing things - policies and procedures and the way you are able to tell people about this - the words/signs you use to do it and the body language you display.

The evidence you have and how it is presented is also a method of clear communication, it can show how the child/children participate within the setting - in this situation this is, your experience in being the Child's key person, home link and the documenting Journal/progress book.

Time - effective information/communicating helps to explain things clearly and consisely, covering points that parents may be most interested in or be concerned/curious about.

Journals/progress books are a favoured format for this as they have the potential to contain a great deal of information.

The outcome is how you, Parents, Child/ren and the setting 'felt at the end of the meeting - was this good or bad / positive or negative.
If negative, why? - everyone working sincerely with children want's a Child's early learning experience to be a positive one, a negative outcome is not good for anyone - so what went wrong - this is where you maybe able to identify aspects of conflict.

Effective communication should provide answers and openings that ensure everyone is happy with what is, and may go on/happen.

Hope this has helped a little

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 11-25-2009, 09:49 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

sazzle is on a distinguished road

Difficulties - Non-English speaking parents, Parents who are unable to attend (due to work for example), Separated parents - if they do not get along then they will not both attend, leaving one left out...