Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 11-24-2009, 12:13 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Aly is on a distinguished road
Default CHild Development for 12-16 please?

HI

What a fab site

Anyway I have only just started doing this course and my assessor has given me a table to do the child development and have to give 5 examples for each age for the different stages ie fms, gms and so on.

I am really stuck for 12-16 for fms & gms. The only thing my [3] books have given me is about puberty etc but need 5 of each ...checked the web but again dont give much info.

could anyone help please thanks

[oh I did check through the search and checked links given but they were more for the younger child.

thanks in advance

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-24-2009, 07:09 PM

NicnacD is on a distinguished road
Highfive 12 - 16 child development

Hi Aly

You're right in that most of the info you'll find in books relates to puberty as this is a big issue at some point during this age range.

I broke down a lot of what you will have read to do with puberty into the various headings and wrote along these lines:

Physical
This period is referred to as adolescence, when children go through puberty. A child's body turns into that of an adult. They undergo physical, hormonal and sexual changes and become capable of reproduction. They also experience period of rapid growth (growth spurt) in bones and muscle. Puberty begins in girls around 9-12 and boys around 11-14. Growth spurt happens in particular order: head, feet and hands then arms and legs, finally trunk. Growth spurt for girls 12-13, and boys 14-15

Intellectual
Major shift in thinking : about possibilities; ahead; through hypotheses; about their own thought processes; beyond conventional limits (morality, religion etc.) Use imagination and systematic methods dealing with problems.

Language & Communication
Fast legible handwriting

Emotional & Social
Increasing independence from parents, but may alternate between behaving like a child and behaving as an adult. Self-conscious/anxious about physical changes. Develop sexual identity, self- labelling as gay occurs around 15 for boys and girls at 15½. Feel misunderstood, wide emotional swings, desire to be accepted and liked. Identify more with friends and begin to separate from parents, shift away from family dependence for affection and emotional support. Seek recognition from peers, peer group influences interests and clothing styles. More socially skilled and better at resolving conflicts. More introspective.

Behavioural
Think beyond themselves more, understand perspective of others. Develop own ideas and values often challenging those of parents'. Deliberately flout rules, or keep to them only if they're to be caught out.

Hope this helps, but do use your own words.
Nicky
Unread 11-24-2009, 07:39 PM

Aly is on a distinguished road

thats fab thanks....though i had to find 5 of each catergory ....
I handed it in earlier and she said it was ok as i answered 5 examples of every other age and she understood what I was tryign to say about lack of info apart from puberty etc.

thanks again
xx
Unread 11-25-2009, 11:12 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

pip squeak is on a distinguished road

Here's a really useful link to a site covering developmental milestones for all age groups

http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/family/2...ent-milestones