Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Childminding

Childminding Share childminding and home education ideas

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 11-23-2006, 08:00 AM
Happy Times

Hello

Hi, Just thought I would introduce myself as am new to the site. Am also posting on the lounge forum as not sure yet where people go.

I am Victoria and a registered chilldminder. I have been a childminder for 2 years now and am loving it (even with all the paperwork and changing legislation) I work 40 hours a week caring for 4 different under 3's. a;; part time. I also have my own 3 year old son and a 7 year old son.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone and hope to be able to contribute to the site.

'Speak' soon

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-23-2006, 06:22 PM
jellybaby

hi victoria, welcome to the site, we are a friendly bunch of child-minders here, i have been in the 'job' for 18 years now, so if you need any help with anything just shout (although not too loud! ha!ha!) may be able to help but even i'm still learning!:idea: i've just started n.v.q.3. speak to u soon!
jellybaby
Unread 11-23-2006, 06:31 PM
Happy Times

Hi Jellybaby,

I am doing my DHC, half way through now and boy will I be glad when it is out of the way. What with all the other training that goes on I barely have time to breathe

18 years hey! So you will have a wealth of experience to share, great :jump:
Unread 11-23-2006, 09:38 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

watgem is on a distinguished road

Hi and welcome Happytimes! I've just completed my CCP, just waiting to see if I've passed and I felt glad it was over! Start my NVQ in January . Look forward to hearing more from you and fellow chilldcarers!
Unread 11-23-2006, 10:12 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chelltune is on a distinguished road

Welcome to Silkysteps.