Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 06-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

xamy_loux is on a distinguished road
Default NVQ level 2 question K2C13... HELP PLEASE..

hey guys

i am stuck on this question..

why is it important to communicate positively with both children and their families?
what could happen if you did not??

please help me.. x thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

jessica is on a distinguished road

Hey, asif ure on this question lol soo am I, have u done all the other knowledge questions for Unit 201? x
Unread 06-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

xamy_loux is on a distinguished road

lol... have you not anwsered it then? yeah i have only got two more questions to answer, this one and k2c12 :( lol dat ones really hard... x
Unread 06-04-2010, 09:07 PM

Hey, i have done some of them apart nd jsut have 7 questions left, so halfway there lol, where did u get all ure info frm? Could u give me a few pointers on K2C8 plzz, thanks x
Unread 06-06-2010, 01:00 PM

Go on http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/show...ighlight=K2C13
Unread 06-06-2010, 05:42 PM

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xamy_loux View Post
hey guys

i am stuck on this question..

why is it important to communicate positively with both children and their families?
what could happen if you did not??

please help me.. x thanks

I've cut and pasted this from an earlier post about effective communication for adults and children. Adjust it slightly if you need to.

Obviously a good and positive relationship helps the child's learning, the trust they learn to have in adults that care for them - seeing their parents have a good relationship with practitoners shows them their parents trust and respect us (and we them).
We all get more from each other if we input as well - sharing little tit bits of information that helps us to understand that child - such as they can now swim without armbands, they helped wash the dishes or they had a restless night - it helps you to understand how the child feels, or your planning in taking children's interest into account, 'if you have a 'sharing' time, they might like to share their news with others or you might read book on swimming or they may draw a picture of it etc

Here is the old paste section:

Sometimes it may be easier for you to look at the question back-to-front/turn it around, and you will get the answer.

What would happen if you didn't communicate well with adults? - arguments, bad body language, hostility, lack of respect, pulling apart instead of working together, falling out and perhaps a high staff turn over - not good for children is it?

How can you show children how we should behave?

by modelling good, cooperative, caring and respectful communication.
Today's children will be tomorrows adults and who are they learning from? - today's' adults.

How do we interact with children?
language age and stage appropriate, sentively using the right intonation, respectfully and listening to them. Giving them the time they need to speak, waiting and sharing in conversation, this shows them how to share and conduct conversation. Letting them know that what they say is important, encouraging them to communicate and further develop their language.

I'm sure you can think of lots more reasons after this starter.