Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 04-11-2009, 03:28 PM
Piglet101

Help SOS Emotional development chart

Hi, I am struggling with the Emotional development. I need to find 0-1 years, 7-11 years and 12-16 years. I have searched both my textbook and the internet with no results except for answers that I don't understand. I also need help with the language development of 12-16 years. Can anyone help?:reading:

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Lusher

The teaching assistants handbook (orange one) NVQ2 pages 27 onwards is very good and the one I used let me know if I can help further.
Unread 04-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Piglet101

Unfortunately, I don't have the teaching assistants handbook. Please can you help me a bit more with the language of a 12-16 year old?I have finally found the answers to the emotional one. According to everything I read, after about 10, children can say everything, read everything and write everything. They can apparently speak in the same ways as an adult, with the same emotions with each word. I'm worried about leaving that section blank. I want to get everything done before I go back into the nursery on Tuesday.
Unread 04-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Lusher

Default Emotional Development chart

"quoted from the book"

By this stage, most children are fluent speakers of a language and are developming and refining their skills at reading and writing. Their language skills enable them to think about and discuss their ideas and learning in more abstract terms.

I hope this helps, if it does, put it into your own words.
Unread 04-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Piglet101

Thankyou. I am going to add to this, as I have suddenly realised that when they start high school at this age, they begin to learn another language!
I will try to think of other words to use. It is a really big help.
Unread 05-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

matty916 is on a distinguished road

try this out hope it useful to you

Feedings: 5-8 per day Generalized Tension Helpless
Asocial
Sleep: 20 hrs per day Fed by mother

Sensory Capacities: makes basic distinctions in vision, hearing, smelling, tasting, touch, temperature, and perception of pain

2 months to 3 months
Sensory Capacities:* color* perception, visual exploration, oral exploration.
Delight Visually fixates at a face, smiles at a face, may be soothed by rocking.

Sounds: cries, coos, grunts Distress

Motor Ability: control of eye muscles, lifts head when on stomach. Smiles at a Face

4 months to 6 months
Sensory Capacities:* localizes sounds Enjoys being cuddled Recognizes his mother.* Distinguishes between familiar persons and strangers, no longer smiles indiscriminately.**
Sounds:* babbling, makes most vowels and about half of the consonants Expects feeding, dressing, and bathing.

Feedings: 3-5 per day
Motor Ability:* control of head and arm movements, purposive grasping, rolls over.
7 months 9 months
Motor Ability:* control of trunk and hands, sits without support, crawls about.Specific emotional attachment to mother. Enjoys "peek-a-boo"
Protests separation from mother.

10 months 12 months
Motor Ability:* control of legs and feet, stands, creeps, apposition of thumb and fore-finger. Anger Responsive to own name.*
Language:* says one or two words, imitates sounds, responds to simple commands. Affection Wave bye-bye.*

Feedings:* 3 meals, 2 snacks Fear of strangers Plays pat-a-cake, understands "no-no!"*

Sleep:* 12 hours, 2 naps Curiosity, exploration Gives and takes objects.
1 years to 1 ½ years
Motor Ability:* creeps up stairs, walks (10-20 min), makes lines on paper with crayon. Dependent Behavior Obeys limited commands.**
Very upset when separated Repeats a few words.***
from mother Interested in his mirror image.**
Fear of Bath Feeds himself.

1 ½ years to 2 years
Motor Ability:* runs, kicks a ball, builds 6 cube tower (2yrs) Capable of bowel and bladder control. Temper tantrums (1-3yrs) Does opposite of what he is told (18 months).
Language:* vocabulary of more than 200 words
Sleep: 12 hours at night, 1-2 hr nap Resentment of new baby

2 years to 3 years
Motor Ability: jumps off a step, rides a tricycle, uses crayons, builds a 9-10 cube tower. Fear of separation Talks, uses "I" "me" "you"*
Language: starts to use short sentences controls and explores world with language,** stuttering may appear briefly. Negativistic (2 ½ yrs) Copies parents' actions.

Violent emotions, anger Dependent, clinging, possessive about toys, enjoys playing alongside another child.*

Differentiates facial expressions of anger, sorrow, and joy.* Negativism (2 ½ yrs).*

Sense of humor (Plays tricks) Resists parental demands.*

Gives orders.**

Rigid insistence on sameness of routine.* Inability to make decisions.
Unread 05-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Piglet101

Thankyou.