Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 08-30-2011, 09:25 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

EmmaLH1 is on a distinguished road
Default How to find the motivation?

Feel like giving up, half way thru safeguarding and can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. How do you find the time and motivation with so much else to do in a family home???? Other people on my course have finished! Can't give up as my school paid for the course but this is making me ill.:weepy:

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-30-2011, 09:51 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi
Yeah it is hard going and everyone at one point feels like giving up. You have done so well so far don't give up, share what you feeling with others on this site, show anger have a few days off and all will seem better. If you need help ask, there are enough kind people on silky steps that will help. i am completing my course through Early Years but if i can help i will, the safeguarding was one of the worst units to complete but there is a light at the end of the tunnel

Keep going you can do it

Lynne
Unread 08-30-2011, 09:58 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

natalie85 is on a distinguished road

Hello,
I know how you feel, its very hard with children, work, housework etc. I have been doing 2-3 hours everynight when the kids have gone to bed, by doing this i have got 9 units completed 4 months. There is so much reaserch to do and so much work expected it can be hard. But hang on in there, and keep it up.

Good luck
Unread 08-30-2011, 10:00 AM

Thanks so much, I'm in EYFS so find the bits relating to young people a bit of a challenge as my eldest son is only 10. I think I'll have a day off from this and hopefully feel better stomorrow.
Unread 08-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

natalie85 is on a distinguished road

Thats what i have been doing, take a break, move on to a different question. then come back to it day after, week after.
When did you start?
xx
Unread 08-30-2011, 12:41 PM

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaLH1 View Post
Feel like giving up, half way thru safeguarding and can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. How do you find the time and motivation with so much else to do in a family home???? Other people on my course have finished! Can't give up as my school paid for the course but this is making me ill.:weepy:
hi Emma,
just ask if you need some help theres loads of great people on here with great advice and guidence im always happy to help ive completed mine now but still pop on here most days so just ask if you get stuck x
Unread 08-30-2011, 06:59 PM

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

please keep going it is worth it i felt like giving but thanks to the help i received from this website i am completed and waiting to find out if i passed and have a new job hang in and ask questions everyone including myself will help as this website is fantastic
Unread 09-01-2011, 08:33 AM

Hi everyone, I left it for a couple of days and feel a bit better now. My tutor says that Safeguarding is like chewing concrete!! It's not a particular question as such, everyone I look at makes my brain thump!!

I started in May but have so m,uch else going on, think it's the wrong time for me and I'm too old for all this!!

Thanks for all your support and encouragement xx
Unread 09-01-2011, 01:06 PM

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaLH1 View Post
Hi everyone, I left it for a couple of days and feel a bit better now. My tutor says that Safeguarding is like chewing concrete!! It's not a particular question as such, everyone I look at makes my brain thump!!

I started in May but have so m,uch else going on, think it's the wrong time for me and I'm too old for all this!!

Thanks for all your support and encouragement xx
hi emma,
your never too old im 41 and completed my CYPW diploma level 3 in july all the hard work pays off if you need any help just ask always happy to help out where i can x