Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > EYs Foundation Degree

EYs Foundation Degree Please use this forum to discuss the Foundation Degree ... assignment queries, integration of information into practice and other areas of learning ..

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 03-19-2014, 01:29 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

mynameissunshine is on a distinguished road
Default Foundation Degree in Early Years

Hi there,
Need some advice regarding this course. I am a childminder and I 've finished Level 3. I'd like to apply for this course, as I am a childminder it's really difficult for me to attend a college before 18:00. Does anyone know a college running this course after 18:00 or at 18:00. I am also thinking to do it online but not sure what kind of support they offer? What really works ?????????? Please advise. Also is ther any chance of getting funding for this course?
Many Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-20-2014, 06:55 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

count you get the family to pick up early that day or just tell them they need to? you can do it with Open university but this is a good option for very experienced students you get very little support you ALWAYS learn more in a class
Unread 03-21-2014, 09:50 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

It is definitely worth trying to get into a class situation- I am still friends with many of my group and I did mine years ago. We share many laughter and tears as we ended up doing the BAhons. We still meet to this day, and continue to share ideas (and failures!)
Unread 05-18-2014, 05:41 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

MissShelley is on a distinguished road

I am coming to the end of my Fda. I'm studying part time and online through a course offered by my local University. I've really enjoyed it, the flexible learning has allowed me to fit study around my job and family. Only downside is you really do have to discipline yourself and manage your time effectively. And although I don't see my classmates on a week to week basis, we have gotten to know each other online and through the study days. We have offered support to each other and will chat on the phone from time to time. Really looking forward to graduation so we can have a catch up. I highly reccomend distance learning. And have enrolled for the BA Hons top up next year.

So check out Uni's local to you. And see what they have to offer. You may be very surprised.
Unread 07-03-2014, 08:26 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Skyexxx is on a distinguished road

hi Northumberland College run it on a Thursday night from 5pm til 9pm