Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 02-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Racheleuro is on a distinguished road
Default I need some help please CYpop 17 understand the needs of children experiencing povert

I need some help please CYpop 17 understand the needs of children experiencing poverty and disadvantage.

MY question is
Analyse how and why practitioners should act as agents and facilitators of change in own work setting

I have sat here way to long, is this about being a good role model, encouraging all children to do well, having high expectations of all children , and more so ensuring that children who are experiencing poverty and disadvantage are given the support they need and are not disadvantaged further by practitioners who may discriminate against them because of their background....

I am proberbly way of the mark , would love some one to put me in the right direction.
Thank you!!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Annabanana is on a distinguished road

Hi, I would interpret it the same way as you. Perhaps going into more detail re being sensitive to issues arising, monitoring any safeguarding issues and being fully inclusive with regards to disadvantage. Practitioner should work closely with disadvantaged children to ensure the setting is offering stability for them. This may be their means of escapism from difficult home situation and be the only normal routine in their lives. That's my take on it anyway-hope this helps!!
Unread 02-27-2011, 01:28 PM

Racheleuro is on a distinguished road

Annabanana Thank you for your help, that has also given me a few more areas I could expand on...
Thank you for taking the time to help
Unread 06-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

julie09 is on a distinguished road

hi, can anyone give me any help with this please?
i have wrote about practitioners bringing new info from courses etc and implementing this into the setting.....

i am really struggling with this question..... this is my last unit and then i have finished!! please help

thanks x
Unread 06-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

xxxsammy22xxx is on a distinguished road
Default Cypop 17 5.3

I am finding this question very hard to understand.
I do not know what agents and facilitators mean. So i am finding it hard to do this piece of work. Please could someone tell me what these words mean and this will help me start my work.
Thanks
Unread 06-19-2012, 08:42 PM

janet85 is on a distinguished road

Hiya i am just on this question and the way i saw it was how we as practitioners can change the path a child is on . So what can we do to make a positive impact on a child experiencing poverty , vulnerability and disadvantage so that they can acchieve their full potential ? How can we make a difference so that poverty , vulnerability and disadvantage doesnt have a negative influence on a childs development ? Our everyday work and how we implement our polices and local guidance to address poverty , disadvantage and vulnerability makes a difference to a childs development . I hope this makes sense . The question are very confusing sometimes
Unread 06-19-2012, 08:50 PM

janet85 is on a distinguished road

so for example early intervention , working with parents , child centred approach . Hope this helps
Unread 03-31-2014, 12:59 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

aliyan is on a distinguished road

hi i need help with (cypop 17) / assignment (034)Understand the needs of C&YP who are vulnerable & experiencing poverty & disadvantage. please please someone there to help .....