Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 04-24-2009, 09:39 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

mumof2boys is on a distinguished road
Default newbie here!

Hi guys!
Have just started my nvq level 2 and been given my first assignments and feel like i am really out of my depth already! I am starting on unit 3,How To Keep Children safe.Am particularly stumped on a question in case study 202.3(pc6)How to encourage children to be aware of their bodies and protect themselves and consider how you have done this previously in your day to day work.
Also any tips on writing a reflective account.......have got to write about dealing with a child who has had an accident. I am doing my placement within a nursery so we have a few bumps and falls but nothing serious.Can these be considered as accidents?
Thankyou so much guys.
C x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Piglet101

Yes, the bumps and falls can be considered as accidents. Just write down how the child hurt themselves, the child's reaction, your reaction, whatever actions you took when the child fell over. As for the helping the children to be aware of their bodies and how to protect them, it depends on the age you are working with. If it is preschool age, doing a song like head, shoulders, knees and toes. Explain to them that if they run around they might hurt their head. If they fall, they might hurt their bottoms. If you are working with school age children, tell them the truth. Tell them about the dangers that they have around them everyday. Going back to the reflective account, after you have explained what happened and the reactions of you and the child, write down how YOU felt it went. Write down what you did right, what you did wrong, and what you could improve.
Hope I helped.
Unread 04-27-2009, 09:24 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

janeb is on a distinguished road

You could also write about how you discuss the effects of exercise on their bodies - feeling warmer, faster breathing, heartbeat quicker etc - and why exercise is a necessity for a healthy life. What happens to our bodies if we don't eat healthily and get exercise - short and long term effects.:rotfl:

When writing about child having an accident - it really doesn't matter about severity of accident but how you deal with it. How you try to ensure that the accident won't be repeated (safety of equipment, spills on the floor etc)... how you comforted the child and gave them reassurance...how you tidied away obstructions, bodily fluids (:blush:!)...how you recorded the incident...feedback to parents...etc

Good luck