Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 11-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

El Pringle is on a distinguished road
Default Theorists........?? sooo stuck!

I was wondering if anyone could help me, i have a worksheet to do that involves matching theorist up to different events that happen to children, i have been browsing the internet for ages tring to find information that makes a little sense to me but... nothing..

If anyone knows of any interesting sites that have loads of info on theorists
could you please let me know??

thanku!!
xx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

pip squeak is on a distinguished road

http://www.child-development-guide.c...theorists.html

ntlcp.qia.org.uk/shd/screens/downloads/background_theorists.rtf

http://psychology.about.com/od/lovea...tachment01.htm

Hi these might help. Theorists can seem overwhelming at first, pick out the bits that seem familiar to you, the parts that make you think ah ... I can relate to that, yes that is what happens with children I work with.

Select a few of the theorists - briefly outline the key points of their theory and say how the theory relates to your work with children.

Once you have started exploring theorists you will keep dipping back for more when you start seeing how they relate to what you understand. Not something to happen overnight. Building up over time.

Hope these help

Last edited by pip squeak : 11-22-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Unread 11-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

WendyW is on a distinguished road

I found this section the hardest part on this unit. But I did exactly what Pip Squeak said, and then it wasn't so daunting. I was told that you should always relate everything back to your own practice, so it is no point covering every theorist and stating every theory if it has no relevance to what you do in your setting.

Good luck with the unit.
Unread 11-22-2009, 10:35 PM

Thankyou so much thats a really good help! X
Unread 11-22-2009, 11:23 PM

You're welcome

You should find this work covers some knowlege for 303 / 309 & 310 depending on the option units you are doing.
Unread 11-23-2009, 01:53 PM

rlg2706 is on a distinguished road

I found the theorists section the hardest so far. I had to research over 20 theorists!!!! So if you are stuck on anything specific, just ask and I will try and help. My tutor gave me loads of good handouts and I bought a book called How children Learn by Linda Pound which puts the theories into an easy to understand language.
Now when I look at the children in our setting I can relate their play/actions to some of the theories that I studied. It's quite interesting once you get the hang of it but a huge relief when that section is finished. Good Luck...
Unread 12-01-2009, 08:53 PM

well im trying to find out which theorists go with each scenario, for instance 'In assembly Edward is given a certificate for his good behaviour all week' I have to find out which theorist it is, its really hard, but them websites are really good thanks for your help!
Unread 12-02-2009, 12:22 AM

ok ... now look to see which theorist believes in postive reinforcement.

Let me know how you get on.