Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 06-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

sobia is on a distinguished road
Default how long?

hi iam thinking of starting my nvq 3 in sept can anyone tell me how long this will take ive just finished my level 2 it took me 18 months .And is it harder than level 2?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

fluffy bunny is on a distinguished road

Hi Sobia,

Welcome to the forum!! Im handing my level 3 in tomorrow and its taken me 17 months. I was told originally told i had 3years to complete it, then 2months ago the funding for my course has been stopped and i had to have it finished by end of june, so its been a bit rushed.

Level 3 goes into depth more than level 2 because your working towards A level standard, its building on what you know and why you do it! Make sure you find out all the information about the course from your college or training centre, what it entails and how long you've got to do the course.

Gud luk, whatever you decide

fluffy bunny

p.s this site is a fantastic help if you get stuck
Unread 06-14-2010, 03:50 PM

twinthing is on a distinguished road

i have almost finished mine in 9 months but then I only work three days a week in the setting and have worked on my nvq on my days off....its more in depth as you are working at supervisor level for the nvq 3.....and I also found out that this course can be delivered several ways so that would also determine how long your study takes x.
Unread 06-14-2010, 04:05 PM

ray is on a distinguished road

Ive done mine in 8 months.... and I work full time. But its been exhausting so fast track needs a lot of determination and someone to give you a kick in the *****. Make sure you choose the best way for you to learn..... e.g college taught based, etc. I did mine through a training company... and my work was mostly email based which meant i could mail it as i did it. I stil had an assesor who comes out and observes me and gace me guided discussions.
Unread 06-14-2010, 10:43 PM

thank you for your reply iam gonna do it just needed to know how long its just i got kids and i have to fit it around family life like i said many thanks
Unread 06-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

TraceyM36 is on a distinguished road

Hi Sobia, I know what you mean about how long it all takes as I've also got kids mine are aged 2 and half yrs and 7 yrs and 10months old and I have to fit it around family life. I started mine last september and we've been given to the 24th June 2010 to complete it all. I've done 2 days a week placement at my eldest daughters school and college 1 day a week. Had to fit my studying around family life and when not at college and when not at placement. Had to also do most of my studying when the children are in bed especially my youngest as she's at the clingy stage. It's been hard but well worth it. Got my assessor coming on friday as i'm doing an extra day in placement this week as its the only day that she can fit me in for signing off my folder and for my professional discussions. The observations were also hard for me because of having to add theorists in with your evaluation and so on.
Hopefully get it all done and signed off friday. Then i don't have to worry about folder anymore.!!!!!!!!! Take care and Good luck!!!!
Unread 06-17-2010, 10:58 AM

who are you doing your level 3?and take a well deserved break its a good feeling when you hand your folder in cos you know that theres no work to do
Unread 06-17-2010, 07:10 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

shaista is on a distinguished road
Smile

hi sobia once u have finish the level 2 then level 3 is not hard atall u will get level 3 course book with yr coursand one of my friend finished with in 9 months.go for it