Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Early Learning activities

Early Learning activities A place to share information and request ideas relating to EY's activities

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 12-21-2006, 05:02 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chelltune is on a distinguished road
Default The Chatterbox Challenge

I requested some info about The Chstterbox Challenge as I intend to add it to my own site but I thought it would be relevant here also.

The Chatterbox Challenge is an easy and fun way to Make Chatter Matter. It’s a cute and engaging way to highlight the importance of children’s communication development and get everyone talking. It also gives children an opportunity to build their speech and language skills and confidence.

By learning and performing their chosen jungle-themed action song or rhyme children have bundles of fun developing their own communication skills while raising money for children with a speech and language difficulty.

The theme of this year’s Chatterbox Challenge, principally sponsored by Openreach with Leap Toys (UK) and Early Learning Centre, is ‘the jungle’. Come February next year there’ll be hundreds of unforgettable wild events taking place across the UK in Early Learning Centres, nurseries, pre-schools, playgroups and other settings, involving cheeky monkeys and little lions. Songs and nursery rhymes this year will include ‘Three Little Monkeys’ and ‘We’re going to the zoo, zoo, zoo’.

The Chatterbox Challenge raises money to support I CAN’s work supporting children with severe and complex communication disability.
Children with a communication disability might have difficulty:
1. understanding and finding the right words
2. producing, ordering and discriminating between speech sounds
3. knowing how words, phrases and sentences are put together to convey meaning
4. using and understanding language in different social situations

Registrations for the Chatterbox Challenge opened on October 10, 2006. Everyone who registers will receive I CAN’s free activity pack brimming with ideas and activities designed by I CAN’s teachers and speech and language therapists with communication development in mind. Included in the pack are some suggested songs and jungle jingles, colour-in certificates, stickers and sponsor forms. To register call 0870 45 85 475 or visit www.chatterboxchallenge.org.uk.

Alternatively, I CAN is calling on all parents, grandparents, childminders and carers to take children along to their nearest Early Learning Centre store on Tuesday, February 6 at 10am for a Chatterbox Challenge sing-along. It’s free and lots of fun for children.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-22-2006, 12:45 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

This is excellent thanks Chell .. if anyone does apply ~ Let us know how it goes

Link to our JUNGLE forum .. for activity ideas if needed !!
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 12-22-2006, 12:49 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road

Is this an annual event Chelltune? DD 'chatters', but I think it'd be better in a year's time for her - like most 2 year olds, she tends to clam up when there're other people around!
Unread 12-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Muggy

Default We did it!

We did the Chatterbox Challenge a couple of years ago at a Preschool I used to work in. We all learned some songs in sign language, and we invitied parents to come along and watch the children perform their songs at the end of a session one day. It was quite a success!

Oh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS MUFFET!!!!

Last edited by Muggy : 12-22-2006 at 01:51 PM. Reason: added birthday message!
Unread 01-22-2007, 11:49 PM
Toni

We took part in a Chatterbox Challenge the year before last (don't know why we didn't do it last year!!) and are taking part again this year. As we are very small (only 8 children) we team up with our Reception Class and have a really good time whilst helping a very worthy cause.