Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Childminding

Childminding Share childminding and home education ideas

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 06-23-2010, 06:54 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

joshie is on a distinguished road
EYFS - How does everyone find working with it?

I have been working on my profiles the past few days and it just got me thinking, how do other childminders get on with the EYFS? Do you like it, enjoy it, struggle with it?

I think i try to plan too many activities for the children - they are all interest based but i am planning three activities a week per child and i have 5 children (i have an assistant) so thats 15 activities a week plus usual trips, outings, preschool for 2 children each day.

What do you think - should i ease up on activities - am i doing too much/not enough?

How do you as childminders get on with doing the planning, observations and profiles? Do you have any time saving tips?

Any responses would be fab.

Thanks in advance

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-23-2010, 12:12 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

yes you should way too many. one a week which you change a bit extend every day. and many will cross over for each child. observe and record significant things leave the rest and put your next steps on the obs sheet that is your planning.
the eyfs is superb my minders love it though they have been well trained in it have excellent practice and were doing it already. it has halved their paperwork
Unread 06-23-2010, 05:26 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

joshie is on a distinguished road

thanks thats great! I know its cheeky but can you expand a little on how things work for you? I am still in manager mind set rather than childminder. I was outstanding childminder in 2007/8 but left to try out manager role. hated it and have come back to childminding! Still trying to find the easiest way to fit paperwork etc in to my routine!!

Any help is much appriciated!

thank you