Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 07-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Gracie is on a distinguished road
Default can u change jobs durin the nvq?

hey every1
im doin my level 2 at the moment but want 2 find a job in a different nursery (there are a lot of problems at my current nursery and its not a very happy place 2 work)
is it possible 2 still continue on with the nvq at a different place?
i want to ask my assessor but at the moment im worried it could get back to my managers

if any1 knows anythin bout this then anythins a help!

thanks guys! xxxxxxxxxxx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

lisa0304 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

As long as you are doing the same line of work that your NVQ covers that will be fine. You should talk to your assessor as they shouldn't go back and tell your managers. It's your qualification and your career........good luck :)

Lisa x
Unread 07-12-2009, 08:26 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Gracie is on a distinguished road

yeh all i wana do is jus go work at a different nursery, the 1 im at now is a total nightmare n coz ive already started the nvq (and on my 3rd unit) i dont want to hav to stop

thank u lisa xxxxxxxxx
Unread 07-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Dingledel is on a distinguished road

I did this. Initially I had a one year contract working 6 hours a week supporting a little boy with Down Syndrome. My daughter has DS but I hadn't had any professional childcare experience. Upon getting the job I was told I could do a CCLDlevel 2 whilst I was there. After I was eventually contacted, completed all the paperwork etc, the course providers recommended I went straight to a level 3. By the time I had started it, changed assessors etc, it was almost time to finish my placement. I was of course offered to stay on a voluntary basis to complete my course.

Then another position came up which I was lucky enough to get and I transfered it all over last September. It was all pretty straight forward at this end!
Unread 07-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

lisa0304 is on a distinguished road

no problem, good luck with your new post and hope you are happier there x
Unread 07-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Charlie101 is on a distinguished road

Hi yes you can change placement/job as I found out when the preschool i worked at nearly went bust and had to make cut backs.... of which i was first.... I have had to stay there as a volunteer while i am searching for a new job but have had no luck yet but when i do i will change in a shot!
Charlie