Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 07-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
New jobs for September ?

Anyone planning on starting a new job in September or already accepted a position?

How are your preparations going ?
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-09-2007, 09:17 PM
cybertwin

well i am not, but in the last 2 days 2 members of staff have handed thier notices in!!!!! cannot belive it, they are both going off to LSA at different schools!!

oh well
Unread 07-09-2007, 11:40 PM
Administrator

oh Sarah, that's rotten news !

Wishing them all the best, but know how unsettling it can be to 'start again so to speak .. here's to an even better year of new ideas & thinkings for you all ...
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 07-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chloe is on a distinguished road
Default New Jobs

They left it late to tell you!Do they not have to give a months notice?
As I have finished with the nany job thought I would join a agency and maybe do the odd day here and there!
Unread 07-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

FARLEYS is on a distinguished road

hello, well ive been deputy supervisor at the after school club for 1 year now and the supervisor has just announced she is retiring, im applying for the job, deadline is 20th july, but ive already been given more responsibilities for next year so feeling quite positive about the supervisors job at the mo!! farleys
Unread 07-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Suki

Hiya, well I'm moving back to the mainland (sorry England!!) at the end of July so will be looking for a new job to start in Sept as I will have to pay the rent, bills, overdraft, credit cards etc etc soon!!! :weepy: Forgot about all these smileys!!! :stinkyfeet: :reading:
Unread 07-10-2007, 10:23 PM
cybertwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthierhyme View Post
oh Sarah, that's rotten news !

Wishing them all the best, but know how unsettling it can be to 'start again so to speak .. here's to an even better year of new ideas & thinkings for you all ...
it will be fine, thanks luckily we have 3 cover staffat the moment and they have "permanent days" on the rota now

so will be ok for a while, and an ex memeber of staff is going to be a cover person as the reason she left is starting in september!!!! hehe got er back,she was good
Unread 07-10-2007, 10:24 PM
cybertwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
They left it late to tell you!Do they not have to give a months notice?
As I have finished with the nany job thought I would join a agency and maybe do the odd day here and there!
it was a bit late, but they only just got the offers and had mentioned the applications to me b4 which was good
they have to give 4 working weeks notice, but have waived this as everyones sessions drop in sept to others wont drop as much which is good giving me some time
Unread 07-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Hiya, well I'm moving back to the mainland (sorry England!!) at the end of July so will be looking for a new job to start in Sept as I will have to pay the rent, bills, overdraft, credit cards etc etc soon!!! :weepy: Forgot about all these smileys!!! :stinkyfeet: :reading:
Brilliant news Suki ( I hope !?) is it childcare you're on the look out for ?
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 07-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chloe is on a distinguished road
Default Suki

Were are you moving to?
Great to see your around!!!!!!!!!!