Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > OFSTED

OFSTED Discuss everything related to Ofsted in here ..

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 03-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

dkredbaron is on a distinguished road
Default Ofsted

Hi can anyone tell me what sort of questions ofsted are likely to ask.we are due a inspection very soon and i am just taking over as pre-school leader never had to deal with a ofsted inspection before what will they want to look at and ask?? Help

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-21-2009, 10:03 PM

sally23 is on a distinguished road

Weve just had our ofsted inspection and she was keen to look at our policies and procedures especially our safeguarding children one,complaints one and health and safety - she also looked at our risk assesments.
She wanted to know how we assessed children when they started so we knew that they were progressing.
She also looked at our planning and was really happy to see that we planned for individual children and continued to extend their learning.
She looked at a selection of 'Learning Journey's'
She had looked at our SEF which we had completed on line - I know its been a real pain to do but I think by being really clear on what we do how we continually evalulate it really helped us get a good oftsed - we got outstanding in all areas, we are a new pre school and operate from a village hall all reasons she said why we did so well to get this mark - sorry if Im blowing my own trumpet - we are just so happy
Unread 03-22-2009, 01:55 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sparky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally23 View Post
Weve just had our ofsted inspection and she was keen to look at our policies and procedures especially our safeguarding children one,complaints one and health and safety - she also looked at our risk assesments.
She wanted to know how we assessed children when they started so we knew that they were progressing.
She also looked at our planning and was really happy to see that we planned for individual children and continued to extend their learning.
She looked at a selection of 'Learning Journey's'
She had looked at our SEF which we had completed on line - I know its been a real pain to do but I think by being really clear on what we do how we continually evalulate it really helped us get a good oftsed - we got outstanding in all areas, we are a new pre school and operate from a village hall all reasons she said why we did so well to get this mark - sorry if Im blowing my own trumpet - we are just so happy
Ours was very similar to that (we had ours at the end of Feb). We hadn't finished our SEF so had more talking to do!!! Our inspector was happy to use evidence from our termly VSSR (Validated Setting Self Review) that we do in conjunction with our Early Years Consultant.

I also had my suitable persons interview as I only took on leading the group in November!

They are really into "Rolling Snack" and "Outdoor Focus Activities" at the moment too.

We were really pleased - we got a "good" overall with 1 outstanding for our partnership with parents and othersagencies.

Hope i've been of help.
Unread 03-22-2009, 05:51 PM

dkredbaron is on a distinguished road

well Done Sally 123 and sparky thanks for the info im hoping they give me a bit of time to settle in before they come i have so much to do .