Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 08-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

vicky.flanagan is on a distinguished road
Default Can someone give me some feedback on some work I have completed please?

Hi everyone,

I am coming to the last few months of this course and I am really worried that I am going to fail not because of the work but because I have a few assessments that need to be done by my assessor left to do any how. She as told me I have had 2 assessments and don't need any more. So I amr eally orried I don't kno how to cover these really struggling ion this.

I aks for help but never really get it, it is the ones that are behind get the support.

I have had to do 2 reflective accounts to cover 3 assessment critiea and I ahve wrote them out and more I read them I talk my self out of it. So I was wondering if anyione would be kind enough to have a look over hat I have wrote and put my mind at rest or make some suggestions

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-16-2012, 08:25 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

i will have a look BUT if you're doing the diploma you shouldn't be doing reflective accounts! you should be using the assessment tasks in the handbook. anyhoo happy to look if you send me the crit too or just the numbers if its cache cos i know that off by heart.
pm me
Unread 08-17-2012, 11:28 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

vicky.flanagan is on a distinguished road

Hi Thanks Tutu I will send them through to you. I am doing the diploma and my tutor as never got us to do any task in the handbook. We have just had to rite about things and then she came in and assessed us in placement and had proffessional discussions. Though I have some assessment critiea left to do she wont do my another visit in my setting and said I have to do reflective accounts to cover the bits I ahve left. I know some of the bits I have left to do are reflective so will have to write about them but some I am not to sure on. When I ask her about it she says don't worry we have plenty of time but we don't and im getting really worried.
Unread 08-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

cascas29 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
i will have a look BUT if you're doing the diploma you shouldn't be doing reflective accounts! you should be using the assessment tasks in the handbook. anyhoo happy to look if you send me the crit too or just the numbers if its cache cos i know that off by heart.
pm me
Hi tutu.... Is every course different I am doing the diploma level three in Health and social care for children and young people. I have no handbook just the units.

Last edited by cascas29 : 08-17-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Unread 08-17-2012, 03:09 PM

it depends who you are doing it with city and guilds are useless the cache units are also a handbook which give all the criteria but also some hints. i have changed all my courses to cache as c and g were so useless for learner to get their head round. the handbook just means the units not a textbook which is something different. ALSO some training providers just photocopy the bits they need and dont give the whole lot out to save money!
Unread 08-18-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
it depends who you are doing it with city and guilds are useless the cache units are also a handbook which give all the criteria but also some hints. i have changed all my courses to cache as c and g were so useless for learner to get their head round. the handbook just means the units not a textbook which is something different. ALSO some training providers just photocopy the bits they need and dont give the whole lot out to save money!
Hi tutu,,,,, It is Diploma for children and young peoples workforce; social care pathway. and it is city and guilds. I see my assesor once a fortnight and go to see the tutor once a fortnight too with others on same course. I have all the units but no text books, so I got lots from the library. I downloaded and printed all the different legislation documents and spends hours on the computer...I am 52 and have not studied since school, but am really enjoying it, what I struggle most with,is how to put things on paper lol
Unread 08-18-2012, 10:46 AM

yeah thats the common problem AND why you shou dhave done a level 2 first. so many people think they should do level 3 cos they re experienced or older or working or have kids BUT this is just wrong. NOONE would do an A level maths without doing GCSE noone. so why do we think we can with these subjects it is ridiculous. we need to stop looking at cc training as if it is something to rush it isnt. children deserve well trained staff who have a strong foundation in learning. if you do the 2 you rarely struggle with the 3. i wish employers and colleges would be more firm. ESPECIALLY when youre not even doing it weekly in college!
in my college you are not allowed to do the 3 without the 2 everyone complains but by xmas of the 2 they admit they had no clue or little clue i always say to them unless you can tell me all about the 19 yrs of development in every area and explain how you use vygotskys theory in the setting you need a 2.
also writing an essay takes practice and the 2 is less demanding.
but have a look at the stickies on the top of the page the verbs are the most useful.
good luck! learning at 50 is brilliant! My fave students are returners and i learn all the time or i did till the fees went up!
Unread 08-18-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
yeah thats the common problem AND why you shou dhave done a level 2 first. so many people think they should do level 3 cos they re experienced or older or working or have kids BUT this is just wrong. NOONE would do an A level maths without doing GCSE noone. so why do we think we can with these subjects it is ridiculous. we need to stop looking at cc training as if it is something to rush it isnt. children deserve well trained staff who have a strong foundation in learning. if you do the 2 you rarely struggle with the 3. i wish employers and colleges would be more firm. ESPECIALLY when youre not even doing it weekly in college!
in my college you are not allowed to do the 3 without the 2 everyone complains but by xmas of the 2 they admit they had no clue or little clue i always say to them unless you can tell me all about the 19 yrs of development in every area and explain how you use vygotskys theory in the setting you need a 2.
also writing an essay takes practice and the 2 is less demanding.
but have a look at the stickies on the top of the page the verbs are the most useful.
good luck! learning at 50 is brilliant! My fave students are returners and i learn all the time or i did till the fees went up!
when I was first put forward for it i thought it was level one got such a shock when told it was three .... told me as i was allready working with children you go straight to three.... I just presumed they knew what they were talking about !! the verbs have helped me so much. and thanks for the good luck wish