Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Childminding

Childminding Share childminding and home education ideas

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 04-16-2009, 03:02 PM
mitch

Default Risk Assesment & Child records

Hi there i havent used this site for a while. Iam in the process of becoming a childminder and im doing my policies before handing into the care commission but i need 1 on risk assessment and child records. Iam just a bit stuck on how to write these. would the risk assesment be about how often i would arry out my risk assessment??

Thanx in advance

Michelle

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

Do you mean one on risk assessement and one on child records or just one on 'rsik assessment and child records'?

If the later I would consider this to mean how are you going to store the child's records securely with a home enviroment...... locked filing cabinet etc.

xxx
Unread 04-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

Your risk assessment policy needs to commit to doing them regularly and updating them every year and as required / when things change / when things happen etc. For example, I have risk assessments in place but when the weather turned nasty I did an extra one covering safety on my driveway etc. You can see it on the parents page of my website.

My child records policy covers details of all the paperwork I have for the children (contracts, child info forms, accident / incident / medication stuff etc), where I keep it (locked cupboard), how long it is kept for (21 years and 6 months for insurance purposes) and how I make sure it is secure (locked away in the care home when I retire) and confidential.

Hope this helps