View Single Post
Unread 10-16-2014, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorraine curston View Post
hello i'm new to this site and would like some help im just starting the safeguarding unit and although i know it in my head but putting pen to paper is impossible. please can anyone give me some hints on cyp 3.3 units 2.1 please

Hi, a warm welcome to the site

To help get this into perspective can you ask your setting/placement for a copy of their safeguarding policy and any other publication that they have that states/promotes how they intend to safeguard/look after the children in their care? then you'll have in your hands how important they feel safeguarding is.

CYP Unit 3.3 outcome 2 criteria 2.1 Explain the importance of safeguarding children and young people

Page 115 of the Heinemann level 3 handbook on amazon.co.uk begins by saying 'Far too many children and young people suffer abuse or neglect at the hands of their parents or carers. Research shows the scale of this, and reports of children dying as a result of or accidents are all too often in the news. The statistics for the amount of abuse in the UK is worrying to say the least'

NSPCC keeping children safe and abuse statistics for 2014

There are regulations, acts, frameworks and codes of practice to research for this unit, some are newer than those listed in the 2010 level 3 handbook.

Wherever possible check with your course provider to see what documents you need to be reading.

Framework for the home nation that you work in will contain safeguarding and welfare requirements.

Recruiting suitable people and DBS (that replaced CRB) disclosing and barring service on gov.uk

Working together to safeguard children 2013 on gov.uk

UNCRC - the right to be free from harm and SEND 2014

Hth, best wishes
the cost of ad blockers