View Single Post
Unread 06-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

PeePe is on a distinguished road

I am also doing this one at the min.....

I see this one as formal being regulated and with specific aims, briefs, guidelines and rules. i.e. taught classes and sessions. In practice I see this as adult led or planned activities with a common outcome or goal.

Informal I see as subject to an individual's interpretation and own personal preferences. Fir example, give children the same ingredients to cook with and they are unlikely to use them in the same ways and flower arranging, how many arrangements are identical when made by different people ( a child or young person may prefer cutting stems shorter and arranging in a basket whereas another may prefer to arrange using longer stems in a taller vessel.

So I think the difference is that one is limited in outcome and potential and has the potential to be unique and subject to individual creativity.

================================================== ===================
If you're reading this post kindly submitted by a silkysteps forum member
Do not copy and paste it.
AVOID PLAGIARISM

Read it only, inform your knowledge and find links to creditable sources that you can quote.
Then write from your own perspective using your own words to reflect professional practice & research
================================================== ===================