View Single Post
Unread 02-09-2013, 07:45 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Sabriella is on a distinguished road

I genuinely hated this question but when I discussed my notes with my tutor she signed off on it.

You need to write about the EYFS (if you work in England) and how its mandatory for all registered care providers. The national guidance is the development matters. and how your setting might or might not use it.

I wrote this

- The EYFS is the early years framework used in the UK and is mandatory for all settings in the UK who care for children outside their homes.
-The EYFS not only provides an education framework but also covers care requirements and staff ratios; these safeguarding and welfare requirements are given legal force by the Childcare Act 2006.

-The EYFS has 7 areas of learning that practitioners must plan for (Personal, social and emotional development, Literacy, Communication and language, Mathematics, Understanding the world, Physical development, Expressive arts and design)

- Setting use the Development Matters booklet to assess development, promote positive relationships and provide enabling environments.

- The statutory framework should be referred to by all managers and practitioners to ensure their safeguarding and practice complies with current law; the framework refers practitioners to various other acts to ensure they meet their responsibilities: Childcare Act 2006, Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006, ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children’, Local Safeguarding Children Board, Data Protection Act 1998